Thursday 22 January 2015

James Bay


JAMES BAY

I honestly have no idea whether I'm late jumping on the James Bay bandwagon or not, but either way, I'm unashamedly jumping on it with full gusto, because I am a complete and utter convert as of 3pm this afternoon. Having just completed my last uni exam and celebrated at Gelato Passion with my course friends (yes I had the waffle again, and yes I actually finished it this time), I got back home and decided I would put some music on and just relaaaaaaax. And that's basically how I ended up listening to the entire James Bay catalogue on Spotify, googling his UK tour dates and finding them to be all sold out (tis my own fault I suppose...) and looking up his début album on Amazon and deliberating whether to pre-order it. It escalated pretty quickly, as you can tell, and I think that just goes to show how incredible this guy is. James is a British singer-songwriter-musical genius with 3 EP's to his name, an eagerly anticipated debut album Chaos and The Calm due for release on the 23rd of March, has toured with Hozier and will do so with Taylor Swift later this year, and he also happens to be the Brit Critics Choice Awards 2015 winner, following in the footsteps of Adele, Ellie Goulding and Sam Smith. How incredible is all that?! And the best thing is that James is completely and utterly deserving of it all, something that is easily affirmed upon listening to a couple of his songs. James' style is relaxed, guitar led, heartfelt, gorgeous, honest, inspiring, beautiful with its own little niche, and for some reason reminds me of Bruce Springsteen, which can only be a good thing. He's a fantastic new talent with so much potential, and it would be a really honour to share with you some of my favourite James Bay songs, because I love everything about this guy (especially those gorgeously chiselled cheekbones) and I just know you will too...


SPARKS

WHEN WE WERE ON FIRE

HOLD BACK THE RIVER

MOVE TOGETHER

SCARS

WAIT IN LINE

IF YOU EVER WANT TO BE IN LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...