Saturday 2 May 2015

Fourteen Days of Instagram


FOURTEEN DAYS OF INSTAGRAM

Just to continue with the whole photography based theme that I seem to have been sub-consciously feeding into my blog posts this week, I thought it would be nice to share with you guys all my Instagram posts from the last two weeks, as well as tell you the story behind each photo. You may or may not follow me already (I can be found at @moustashie), but either way it has to be said that I am a rather avid Instagrammer and I love, love, love taking photos of the world around me and then later painstakingly choosing a filter and eventually sharing those little snapshots of my world for everyone to see. Having Instagram has made me both appreciate the beauty of the world even more than I did already, and also re-ignited my passion for photography after it had been dimmed for quite some time. It's also so much fun to just sit and scroll through my photography archives because it's like looking back at an ongoing documentary of my life, with each photo reminding me of certain moments, feelings, emotions, memories and it's so nice to remember little things you often forget, as well as see how much things have changed. So with that, sticking to the more recent events of my life, here are all my Instagram posts, taken with my lovely little iPod Touch (hence the crappy image quality) from the last fourteen days... enjoy!


Saturday 18th April 2015
This photo was taken in Afflecks Palace in Manchester's Northern Quarter, which I visited with my friend Anilah after we spent the afternoon with some of my other friends shopping around Manchester in the sunshine. After this photo was taken we walked back and on the way I got a McFlurry (nom nom), and later on in the evening I played pool with some of my flatmates and I potted the black ball to win the game twice #miraclesdohappen.

Saturday 18th April 2015
This was taken on the same shopping trip. I have an awful lot of photos of beautiful architecture I find in Manchester, because the city is full of so many gorgeously designed buildings and I almost feel like it's my duty to share the beauty I find around every corner I go with the rest of the world.

Sunday 19th April 2015
I took this during my first radio broadcast in the Fuse FM studio after a rather long time off air. I love how beautiful and twinkly the lights on the deck look.

Monday 20th April 2015
I posted this to IG after I finished watching Roman Holiday for the first time. It was the first film I'd ever watched in black and white, and also my first Audrey Hepburn film, and I have no shame in saying I was absolutely smitten with the film. It's just absolutely wonderful, hence my need to share said love with the world.

Tuesday 21st April 2015
The Tuesday on which I posted this photo was a super, super hot day, so my course friends and I went to Whitworth Park for a bit in the sunshine, and then went over to The Anchor nearby for drinks. Naturally we all went for hot beverages in spite of the hot weather, because there was some logic in it somewhere, and anyhow it was one of the best hot chocolates I've ever had so that made it all okay.

Tuesday 21st April 2015
There's so much beautifully coloured blossom around everywhere, and this blossom I found at Whitworth Park. I love flowers, especially blossom, so obvs a pic was definitely needed to show my appreciation...

Wednesday 22nd April 2015
I found this image whilst flicking through the Vogue book I took out at Manchester Central Library and thought it was ever so cute and so gorgeously retro and art deco. You can read the post I subsequently ended up writing about the book here...

Wednesday 22nd April 2015
I passed Manchester Art Gallery (which I still haven't been to for some reason) on my trip to town and couldn't resist taking a pic because it looked so pretty, especially with all the potted plants decorating it. After this pic was taken I went shopping in the Arndale and then walked all the way back home in the sunshine Back home we had a Mexican themed flat dinner and then went out for drinks and dancing in Fallowfield.

Thursday 23rd April 2015
With the beautiful weather still continuing, when I got back from uni on the Thursday this pic was taken I managed to persuade my flatmates Scarlett and Little Jack to sit outside on the grass with me in the sun and somehow I managed not to acquire any mud or grass stains on my bum, which again is some kind of miracle.

Friday 24th April 2015
On the Friday I had a lot of thoughts pulsing round my head so I decided to go for a run at Platt Fields Park for the first time just to clear my head. It did the job beautifully, and the best thing was I got to run under all the pink blossom trees. After my run I went into uni for five hours and then when I got back we had a big pre-drinks at our flat and then a big group of us went out to Cherry at Sound Control in Manchester for a wicked night filled with awesome tunes and some crazy but cool dancing.

Sunday 26th April 2015
Another week another radio show, and you can see what tunes I played riiiiiiight here... and if you tune in tomorrow 1-2pm you can here a brand new playlist I've literally just finished composing today!

Monday 27th April 2015
I again thought I'd make the most of the weather with a nice run in Platt Fields again. Afterwards I went to uni to do some work and in the evening one of my besties and I watched a documentary cos we cool like dat.

Tuesday 28th April 2015
After a long day at uni I went to the awesome Trafford Centre with my flatmate Scarlett and two of her friends for the student lock-in, and we had a really, really lovely time (plus I managed to bag a £32 Topshop dress for four quid). This was taken inside the Trafford Centre looking up at one of the domes- isn't the decor just stunning?

Tuesday 28th April 2015
Naturally I had to of course take a picture of all the lights in the Trafford Centre reflected on the glass ceiling, just because it looked like a starry night.

Thursday 30th April 2015
I managed to persuade my course friends to get up before midday and go to the Northern Quarter for bevvys before our 2pm lecture with me. We ended up at the lovely Federal Cafe & Bar thanks to the in depth, god like knowledge of my friend Amy who is our sacred guide when it comes to all things Northern Quarter, as she knows it like the back of her hand. This drink is called a Hot Milo and it tastes something like heaven.

Thursday 30th April 2015
The quirky decor inside Federal had to be appreciated of course...

Friday 1st May 2015
Another blossom photo because it's just to beautiful not to appreciate it. This blossom tree is at the back of our flat and I adore the summery colour combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...