Wednesday 27 May 2015

Flower Power


FLOWER POWER

Firstly apologies for the lack of posts the last weekend. I happened to be rather busy as it was my birthday and for once I actually had quite a few things planned, including my now notorious 'Cheese Fest' (which was an almighty success!), going home for a couple of days, watching Pitch Perfect 2 at the cinema (aca-awesome), not doing any work and lastly just consciously relaxing and enjoying the time spent with the people I love. It was absolutely wonderful and I don't regret a single minute of it. I saw out eighteen in one of the most bonkers and incredible ways I could have ever imagined, surrounded by an impressive amount of dairy goods, insanely good (bad) music and some of the best people ever, and welcomed in nineteen with a few surprises and a whole lot of love from my simply amazing family (plus the incredible 60th Eurovision!). This whole weekend has reminded me how lucky I am in so many ways, and not a single minute goes by when I don't fully appreciate everyone and everything I have around me in my life right now. It's taken a while to get to this place but every single part of the journey, both good and bad, has been so, so worth it in the end.

Anyway back to the point of this post, after that nice little ramble (some things never change no matter how old you get), whilst I was home the fam and I happened to visit one of our local country parks Elvaston Castle, an absolute favourite of ours and a place that holds for me personally so many vividly wonderful childhood memories. I adore that place so, so much and just when I thought I knew it like the back of my hand, it turns out they did something completely and utterly different and amazing in the last couple of months: they installed the most sublime flower garden I have quite possibly ever seen in my whole life. It was breathtakingly beautiful, hence the incessant need of mine to take a good 200+ pictures out of courtesy, and somehow do justice in capturing the stunning sights I saw before me. Flowers are a natural phenomena that just make me swoon ever so much these days, because they're oh so simple in design and yet oh so marvellous once you stop to marvel at their intricate beauty. I love them to a ridiculous amount, something that is mirrored by the ridiculous amounts of photos I take of them (have you seen my Instagram lately?!), which is why I would love, love, love to share with you my pictures from said amazing flower garden, and hopefully remind you to stop once in a while and marvel at the awesome-ness of flower power.

























 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...