Tuesday 29 March 2016

Spring Playlist


SPRING PLAYLIST

It feels like a super duper crazy long time since I last did a playlist post. I can always tell when the time has come again, because the Spotify add-to-favourites mount up and I spend hours listening to my iPod, or dedicating my spare time to trawling through my Dad's record collection or searching my trusty go-to music sources for inspiration. As always, there's too. much. good. music. in the world at the moment, and as always seems to be the case for me personally, I'm still caught in my little limbo of searching and discovering the old classics, and keeping right on top of all the fresh new goodness. And I want to share it all, every single song, with you lovely people. 

This time round, I'm really loving Chris Rea, The Eagles, Norah Jones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Paul Simon and The Last Shadow Puppets, the latter of which I am seeing this Sunday and the feels are getting too big to handle, dear readers. The possibility of me finally getting to meet Alex Turner, if the stars and fate align my way, literally makes me want to combust into a million tiny pieces. But till that time does or doesn't come, and if it does come, I will definitely end up making a complete tit out of myself, I'm just trying to keep it cool. Now that spring is officially here, I'm finding myself drawn to the vibrant, energetic, electrifying music that practically oozes summer, and the promise of how wonderful it will be, and likewise I'm also being drawn to the chill, blissful, beautiful music that calms the soul and soothes the mind. It's nice to have a balance, and what a perfect contradiction it is. There's so many different genres that I find myself enticed and captivated by, and so many new artists that I'm only just beginning to discover, and I love seeing how my musical tastes keep evolving as I grow up, reflecting different periods of transition and almost acting like a rite of passage. It makes me wonder where these roads will lead me, as does it induce such strong unwavering excitement to find out.

So with that, I'd love to share with you my Spring Playlist, and as always, I hope you find some right gems and bangers on there. Happy Spring!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SOUND OF SPRING

THE SOUND
THE 1975

AVIATION
THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS

AUBERGE
CHRIS REA

ANNIE'S SONG
JOHN DENVER

CASTLE
HALSLEY

SCAR TISSUE
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

SHOOT THE MOON
NORAH JONES

TEQUILA SUNRISE
THE EAGLES

NEW YORK MINUTE
DON HENLEY

WATERFALL
THE STONE ROSES

BAD GIRL
LEE MOSES

HIGHER LOVE
STEVE WINWOOD

I KNEW YOU WERE WAITING 
GEORGE MICHAEL & ARETHA FRANKLIN

99 RED BALLOONS
NENA

CONQUERER
AURORA

GIMME THE LOVE
JAKE BUGG

THE LESS I KNOW THE BETTER
TAME IMPALA

WILD HORSES
BIRDY

EASIER SAID
SUNFLOWER BEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...