Saturday 12 March 2016

Dr Martens Dreaming

POLLEY IVORY 20822101

DR MARTENS DREAMING

It's not much of a secret that I really, really, really love Dr Martens. They're my all time favourite design of shoe, so much so that they influence all the shoes I buy that aren't Dr Martens. I'm instantly drawn to anything with thick, sturdy, clumpy soles and looks like an androgynous-feminine hybrid. Often when I go on nights out, I turn to either my Docs or my other shoes with generous soles, as my designated choice of footwear. When I'm out in the day, there's an 8/10 chance you'll know exactly what shoes I'll be wearing.With my Docs especially, I love the height they give me. I love the way they anchor down my body. I love how clumpy they are. I love how functional they are, and how they make me feel empowered. I love their versatility, and how I can where them with so many outfits, at so many places, at any time of day. In particular with my blueberry coloured Docs, I love how people associate them with me now. They're part of my identity. One time, a friend of mine said he knew it was me walking ahead of him, because he saw said shoes, and knew instantly that it had to be me. Those same shoes were also my 17th birthday present, and to me almost mark a before and after in my life. They signal an important time in my life, when everything seemed to change and revolve 180 degrees, and whenever I look at my Docs now, I'm reminded of how far I've come, as is it reflected by the gradual appearance of lines and creases that mark the passing of time.

My Dad is also a Docs fanatic, and for him also, his shoes are symbolic of different points in his life, as have they served him incredibly well over the years. And I hope that that's the same for me too. It's great to change and evolve and find yourself, but it's also so nice to carry something along with you for the ride too. to mark that change. Have that little bit of consistency, a part of you that stays no matter what. That carries meaning. That stands the test of time. To me, that's what Dr Martens are, and what they do. Even now as I write, I can see my shoes just across the way, and I'm thinking about all the different places I've been with those shoes. The places I've worn them to. All these special, important, amazing times in my life, those shoes have been right there on my feet, and they'll still be doing just that for many years to come too. It seems kind of crazy to consider a shoe part of who you are, but likewise I also think it's so lovely to have something that's synonymous with who you are. It feels a bit like leaving your mark, in a way.

Now naturally with Dr Martens being my all time favourite shoe, I love to keep up with all the new designs and swoon for hours and hours, wishing I was a billionaire so I could buy all of them, and then I would be incredibly happy and content for the rest of my days. I've assembled a list of all my favourite shoes instore now, and linked them to the store too, so if you see any little gems that catch your eye, you can go peruse and lust over them some more. Obviously they're all so gorgeous and awe inducing, so you may have trouble narrowing it down, and unfortunately, unless you're a billionaire, you won't be able to buy them all either. and sassy walk around feeling like a queen. However they are an investment piece, and the fact of the matter is they'll probably outlive you, so they're well worth the money, as will they make you 100% even more fabulous (if that was even possible). But till that day comes, when you and I become triple, quadruple billionaires, I'll just be making do with lusting and wishing and internally crying. Feel free to join me.

http://www.drmartens.com/uk/

PASCAL PURPLE 21088500
DEMIZE BLACK & WHITE 20389009

EMMELINE OAK 21114228
AILA OFF WHITE 15758110
1461 GREEN 21086300
PASCAL WHITE+BLACK 20859108
DUPREE SOFT GREY 21106068
2976 BLACK 11853001
ARIAUNA LIGHT GREY 20886051CASTEL MULTI 14318101
ROUSDEN WHITE 20358100
FAVILLA OAK 20735228
CLARISSA BLUE MOON 20833455


2 comments:

  1. Dr martens are definitely one of my fave shoe brands! Great picks :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, it's nice to find a fellow Dr Martens lover! :D You have a lovely blog by the way xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...