Tuesday 8 March 2016

Cat Coquillette

 Mountains Calling available  here .

CAT COQUILLETTE

I'm a stubborn believer that everything happens for a reason. I believe that chance is the guise of fate. Peculiar circumstances are in fact designed by some higher power. Meant to be. Discovering Cat Coquillette was one of those things. Cat is a fellow Redbubble user like myself, and it was only the other night, when I was checking on my own shop, that a series of entirely random yet somewhat fateful clicks led me to Cat's shop. What I saw, when I arrived at her shop, were all these utterly gorgeous, captivating, intricate, whimsical designs that navigated a sure fire route straight to my heart, and before I knew it, I was caught hook, line and sinker. Everything was right up my street. The quotes, the typography, the arrangements, the patterns, the colour choices, the clarity, the natural, wholesome feel. The eclectic mix of nature, animals, patterns, literature. The unique artistic touch. It was all soooooo beautiful and so perfect, that I quickly deduced that it simply had to be fate. Fate had led me here. It was meant to be

I've actually seen a few pieces of Cat's dotted around the internet before, but I never knew where on earth I could find the artist behind them. How could I even begin to track them down? The internet is a pretty vast expanse after all. So finding Cat on Redbubble so randomly likely that, well, it was rather mind boggling, and I knew instantly that I would have to write a blog post, so I can share her amazing artwork with you lovely readers too. Cat is a Kansas native and professional illustrator and graphic designer, with a love for animals, nature, travel and gin (aka. she has her priorities right in life), alongside a love for pattern and repetition. Her favourite mediums to work in are watercolour, ink and gouache, though she's not adverse to a clean cut digital design, which she uses to create her brilliant designs before scanning and uploading them to a computer for additional editing. A lot of Cat's loves and passions often filter down into her work, which adds a lovely little personal touch, as do they help inform her artistic style which is a beautiful mixture of simplicity and complexity.

I honestly think Cat is the bees knees, and just looking through her fantastic website makes me want to fan girl even more. So if you fancy joining me (which I really think you should, cough cough), just take a look through some of my favourite pieces of Cat's artwork, some of which is included below, and I'll hopefully (probably) see you on the other side...

-ALL IMAGES BELONG TO CAT COQUILLETTE-


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAT'S AWESOME
(I couldn't resist the pun)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...