Tuesday 17 March 2015

Marc Johns

 an ecouraging ice cream cone - Signed Print

MARC JOHNS

Sometimes on a Tuesday morning/ afternoon/ any time of day really, you just need something to cheer you up and make you smile in spite of yourself. To make you chuckle secretly to yourself and generally just feel a little bit better about life. Ladies and gentlemen I have found that very something, and it comes in the shape of the absolutely wonderful Canadian illustrator Marc Johns. Unbeknown to you, you may actually already be familiar with his work. I certainly was without even realising it, what with Marc's work featuring in Google, The National Geographic, Tommy Hilfiger, not to mention the depths of the internet. However up until this morning Marc's name was just a hurriedly written down note on my iPod Touch, one to research at some later date, as are most posts that eventually end up on here, but today was the day to find out more and connect the name to the artwork, and boy am I glad I did.

Marc kindly permits bloggers to use five of his images per post (thank you Marc!) so unfortunately I can't show you all of my favourite illustrations, of which there were a rather large amount initially as every single one delighted and amused me very much so. However I think you can detect the delightful, humorous quality that characterises Marc's work just by browsing the selection of images I've decided on for this post. It's absolutely brilliant and certainly a rarity to see humour be incorporated into artwork so well. Marc's artwork is relatively simple, often rather mind boggling and done using inks and watercolours in simple washed out tones. He then adds a dash of magic to his imagery in the form of the witty, funny and peculiar additions of text that accompany the artwork. Every single piece of artwork had me giggling away to myself, whether it be due to the illustration itself, the witty, accompanying one liner or a combination of both, and I felt almost greedy keeping this little source of wonderfulness and happiness to myself. So I hope you enjoy this little taste of Marc's work and if you want to see more (which I encourage profoundly), then just click the link below, which is where all the images below and more can be found...

WEBSITE

STORE

While George napped, his beard caught up on some reading - Original Drawingif you are looking at this it means you are a star - Signed Print
cats on my mind - Signed Printreach - Signed Print



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...