Tuesday 3 March 2015

D&G AW 2015/16










DOLCE & GABBANA AW 2015/16

I was going to leave it a couple of days before doing another post, but it was the Dolce & Gabbana Autumn/ Winter 2015-16 show the other day, and yanoooeee' D&G are my absolute weakness. I have an infinite amount of love for Italian fashion house D&G, and I fall completely and utterly in love with every single collection the magical creative masterminds Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce produce. So obviously this blog post simply had to be an exception. There really was no way around it, I promise. The excitement I felt when searching Vogue for the photographs from their Milan Fashion Week show, and still feel now, had to be divulged somewhere and so voilĂ , here we are. Above I've assembled my top twelve looks from the show for you to peruse, but as usual with D&G, choosing said looks was a rather difficult task because every single outfit is a true dream. The theme of the MFW show was celebrating and embracing motherhood, with the show entitled 'Viva La Mama' (perfectly timed for the impending Mothers Day which is just around the corner!), and D&G sending pregnant women, as well as mothers and their babies, alongside an array of gorgeous models down the catwalk. It made for a lovely change to the typical catwalk show, and I personally feel the choice of celebrating motherhood and what it means to be a woman was a truly fantastic and rather touching decision on D&G's part.

The collection itself was mesmerising as always, coloured with the signature D&G midnight black, crimson red, glittering gold and faded silver, as well as beautiful pastel blues, pinks and peaches and dazzling emerald green. Motifs including red roses, illustrations and Italian script adorned each piece, as well as the serene detailing that D&G are famous for, and I love how each catwalk look, when assembled collectively as a whole, somehow perfectly captured the female progression from young girl to young woman, adult, mother. There was a look for every woman and girl up on that stage, and seeing each one was a truly captivating treat. I adore how D&G design for women and encourage us to really love, celebrate and embrace our femininity, as well as subtly guiding us mere mortals how we could maybe, possibly, somehow dress like Italian goddesses. So once again, D&G have done ever so good, and I can't wait to get unleash my inner Italian goddess, wherever she may be.

All photos can be found here.
http://www.dolcegabbana.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...