Sunday 1 March 2015

The Interchange


THE INTERCHANGE

First thing's first, Happy March everybody! Isn't it just crazy how quickly the months are flying by already?! Second thing is I need to tell you all how buzzing I am right now, because today is the day that I finally get to return to the Fuse FM airwaves after almost three loooooooong months of waiting. From 1-2 this afternoon I will be presenting my brand new show called 'The Interchange'. The idea for the show came about because there's an awful lot of new music that I love and want to proclaim said love to all the world, and also because there's an even greater wealth of music that I adore that's been around for longer, and I want to celebrate just how good it is. So over Christmas I was thinking about how I could combine the two together, and 'The Interchange' is what I came up with. I decided that the first half of the show would be new music and artists that I love and want to share with the world, and then half way through the show 'the interchange' would happen, with the new being switched for the old, and the second half would be a celebration of the music that's already out there. And now the day has finally come to turn the dream into a reality, that's if I don't ramble on too much and lose valuable music playing time by gushing about the really nice cake I made last night ....

I literally cannot wait, because doing my radio show makes me incredibly happy, and that's a pretty good way to feel. I'm also feeling pretty relieved because as anyone who spoke to me yesterday will know, I sounded like a raspy old man who smokes 100 cigs a day crossed with a pre-pubescent boy, and obvs when doing a radio show your voice is like the holy grail. Without it there's essentially no show, and after yesterday I was terrified that this morning I'd wake up to no voice at all, but luckily my voice is almost bearable to listen to this morning after going for a run, so I'm going to carry on through and hopefully it will all work out (fingers and toes crossed). So with that, I'd absolutely love to share with you my playlist for today, cause it's a real gem (in my opinion anwyay!), and if you find yourself near a computer between 1-2pm, why not tune in to Fuse FM and listen to it being played out on the airwaves 4 realz?


THE INTERCHANGE 
-1st HALF-

4th & Roebling
THE DISTRICTS

Cold As It Is
THE LONE BELLOW

So Long
CIRCA WAVES

Rock-A-Bye Sea
LANEY JONES

Dust
LITTLE MAY

-2nd HALF-

American Boy
ESTELLE FT. KANYE WEST

Under Cover of Darkness
THE STROKES

Come On Eileen
DEXYS MIDNIGHT RUNNERS

Here Comes Your Man
PIXIES

Eskimo Kiss
THE KOOKS

Starlight
THE SUPERMEN LOVERS

The One On The Right Is On The Left
JOHNNY CASH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...