Monday 29 December 2014

Let It Snow!


LET IT SNOW!
The nice lil' grainy photo you can see above was the view we were greeted to when we came home on Boxing Day. Our street was caked in thick, crunchy, glistening white snow, as was essentially the whole of the East Midlands and it kept falling all night long. After having endured a rather pesky snowy winter a couple of years ago, I was desperate for it to not happen again this year, however I have to say the snow that's fallen this time round has pretty much won me over completely. It's melting pretty quickly which means no yellow sludge, it hasn't turned everywhere into a giant ice rink (so no embarrassing falls on ya bum) and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually rather beautiful. Yesterday the fam and I went for a walk at this gorgeous country park near where I live, and the snow set against the most serene pastel coloured sunset meant that we spent the majority of our 'walk' taking endless amounts of photos, because it almost seemed rude not to. It was one of those moments which make you realise how lucky we are to live on such a stunning planet, and if winter could always look like it did yesterday afternoon then I'd be more than happy if it lasted all year round. So with that, here are some of my photos from yesterday, just to take your breath away too...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------












-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...