Friday 5 December 2014

Feeling Cosy


FEELING COSY
About an hour ago I was in a lecture, and it was all fine and dandy till we heard a rather momentous rumble suddenly erupt from out of nowhere. We all rushed to look out the window naturally, and in the space of approximately two minutes the sky had dimmed to an abstract grey, and these pulsating sheets of rain were lashing water everywhere to the sound of even more thunder. It was crazy, cold and very very wet, as I unfortunately found out when I made the stupid decision to walk home after the storm and my lecture had ended. As I've progressed through the educational ranks, I swear my common sense is the thing that had to give in order for me to become 'smarter', because I do the daftest things nowadays. For starters, I was walking back in a rather thin coat, which I've taken to wearing near enough every day despite the fact I'm always cold when I wear it. I also conveniently forgot the minor fact that when it rains heavily, the sides of the road turn into temporary swimming pools which then transform into mini waterfalls when moving vehicles carelessly surge through them. So as you can probably guess, it wasn't very long before I got drenched by one of the hundreds of double decker buses that pass down Oxford Road and the Curry Mile in Manchester. And despite my surprisingly optimistic response, which was me telling myself it was my own fault for being so stupid, and consequently working the wet look for the rest of my journey home, all I really wanted was to go home and be warm and snug and cosy. 

My motivation the whole walk home was the thought of the heating that would surely be on when I stepped through the door, the cup of hot tea I would definitely be having, changing into my gorgeously comfy pyjamas and slippers and just flop around being lazy, and I'm proud to confirm that I have done all those things. So because I love being cosy, and because it's winter and the weather is indescribably naff, as always, I thought I'd choose some really beautiful cosy pictures to help you feel the same way too...






















STAY COSY
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...