Saturday 6 December 2014

Gordon Lees


GORDON LEES
Just over a month ago Dad and I went to York for the weekend after I told him I simply could not make it to Christmas without having gone to York before hand. In case you've never been to York (which you totally should cos it's so cute), it's a small city in the heart of Yorkshire which is surrounded by walls which you can walk around. It's full of the most gorgeous little independent shops, tearooms, cafes, restaurants which are embedded in stunning architecture that gives them each such unique character, and there's also the beautiful York Cathedral to marvel at too. At Christmas York is adorned in fairy lights and Christmas markets, and ever since I was little to me York has always encapsulated that perfect festive atmosphere. So obviously I had to go before Christmas to soak in that festive atmosphere, and swinging this post back on topic after that nice little ramble, it was on that visit that I discovered the work of Gordon Lees after Dad and I ambled around looking in the window of art galleries after dinner. 

Gordon is a Birmingham born artist who is completely self taught *cue jaw drop* and after doing a multitude of jobs, finally followed his dream of becoming a full time artist in the 1970's after demand for his work went sky high (and rightly so). He now lives in the beautiful West Country which serves as inspiration for many of his pieces, and continues to produce the most gorgeous, romantic, sublime oil paintings of British landscapes and architecture. As a fellow Brit, I adore how Gordon's work makes me see and appreciate what a wonderfully stunning and captivating country we live in, and I feel so grateful to be a part of it. So to thank Gordon for sharing his fantastic talent with us all, here are some of my favourite pieces which I'm sure you'll love just as much as I do.




Gordon Lees, Original oil painting on panel, Snow on York Minster








<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...