Thursday 26 November 2015

Sassy Girl Playlist


SASSY GIRL PLAYLIST

The other day I was looking through Spotify and I don't know why, but I kept picking out all these proper good, proper sassy girl anthems to play. One after another after another, I was sat there proper grooving along, feeling like somehow just by playing these amazing kick ass songs, everything was right in the world. How could it not be, when you're sat there singing Independent Woman at the top of your voice for all to hear? I always love a good old sassy girl anthem to play whenever I feel a bit down, or likewise on the converse, whenever I'm feeling incredibly sassy myself and I need a song that reflects that. I imagine that like most girls (or guys that like to indulge in their more feminine sides from time to time), whenever this need for sassy, empowering, female produced music strikes, it's normally Beyonce that I turn to. She always has the right tunes to match my mood, whatever that mood may be. However I don't know about you, but because Beyonce is the sass queen in my eyes, I always seem to forget the rest of the sassy girls out there, also doing their bit for girl-kind and girl power.

Therefore I decided to make a comprehensive playlist of core sassy girl songs (aka. the SASSY GAL PLAYLIST on my Spotify) so that I can keep all those absolutely brilliant, empowering songs in one place, easy to access whenever I may need an injection of sass into my life. I searched far and wide across Spotify to form the playlist, as did I wrack my brain hard in pursuit of the songs that simply had to be on this playlist. I think I've done a pretty decent job, but then again, there's just so much sass in the world, and so many female artists absolutely killing it right now, or who've been killing it for many, many years, that I was bound to overlook a few key songs. So I'm sure that this is a playlist that will continue to grow to unparalleled heights, and that's okay with me. Let girl power reign from now until forever, and till that day comes, I really hope you love this Sassy Girl Playlist and that it makes you feel just as empowered and kick ass too.

Think I've missed a key sassy girl anthem? Just leave a comment below and I'll add it to the playlist!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET THE SASS COMMENCE 

INDEPENDENT WOMAN PART 1
DESTINY'S CHILD

IT'S NOT RIGHT, BUT IT'S OK
WHITNEY HOUSTON

GET OUT
JOJO

LET ME BLOW YA MIND
EVE FT. GWEN STEFANI

TURNING TABLES
ADELE

IRREPLACEABLE
BEYONCE

WHIP MY HAIR
WILLOW SMITH

RIGHT NOW
MARY J BLIGE

HIPS DON'T LIE
SHAKIRA

SILVER SPRINGS
FLEETWOOD MAC

CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MYSELF
SANTGOLD

THE WORLD SHOULD REVOLVE AROUND ME
LITTLE JACKIE

SUCKER
THE BIG MOON

IS YOUR LOVE BIG ENOUGH?
LIANNE A HAVAS

GLAMOUROUS
FERGIE

I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN
SHANIA TWAIN

FEELING GOOD
NINA SIMONE

YOU HAD ME
JOSS STONE

SMILE
LILY ALLEN

BEST THING I NEVER HAD
BEYONCE

STRANGER
LISSIE

BLACK MAGIC
LITTLE MIX
(I love Little Mix)

WARWICK AVENUE
DUFFY

SHAKE IT OFF
TAYLOR SWIFT

IN MY BED
AMY WINEHOUSE

SHACKLES
MARY MARY

YOU'RE A GERM
WOLF ALICE

SURVIVOR
DESTINY'S CHILD

KISS WITH A FIST
FLORENCE & THE MACHINE

SOPHIA
LAURA MARLING

DON'T SAVE ME
HAIM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...