Tuesday 10 November 2015

I'm Listening To....


I'M LISTENING TO...

I don't even remember the last time that I wrote about music, but with starting my radio show back up again recently, meaning my world has once again been absolutely inundated with music galore, now seems like a pretty good time to do that just. Share with you some of the fantastic music that I've been listening to intently over the last few weeks or so. I always think that this time of year is when some of the best music gets released, and so far there has been no disappointment in my eyes anyway. The favourites list on my Spotify has swelled beyond measurable limits and it's an ever growing list as well. And one of the main reasons I even began my radio show was to share the music I love with people, in the hopes that they might like it too. For what greater joy is there?

My radio show in particular is going really well, and as always it is making me rather happy indeed. Aptly titled 'The Melting Pot', my show is on the Fuse FM airwaves from 5-6pm on Sundays, so a nice little early evening slot which I hadn't initially intended on having, but was given anyway. And as always, life just seems to know what it's doing because I've actually quickly grown to love my slot and doing my show at that particular time. I love how it's dark and cosy when I get inside the studio, I love that my five listeners (and I actually had five this week!) can listen to my show whilst they enjoy the beginnings of a hopefully chill Sunday night, and I love the people who broadcast either side of my radio show too. Max from the brilliantly named 'The Behr Necessities' on from 3-4pm last week, who said my voice should be on perfume commercials, whilst his is the ultimate voice for bingo. Or Brad, a fellow Midlands boy who knew I was from Derby as soon as he heard me speak, with his equally brilliantly named show 'The Nissan Jukebox' from 6-7pm. Both guys are lovely and their shows are definitely well worth a listen! My show 'The Melting Pot' is, as the name suggests, a complete and utter mash up of songs, genres, artists, decades where seemingly anything goes. And I can't stress to you how much I am loving doing my show. The happiness I feel is unreal! 

So with that, before I begin an impromptu essay about how much I love doing my radio show, versions 1,2,3,4 and 5, it's time to go audio and share with you the music that has been filling my world and my ears this last month or so, which rather like my radio show, is a complete and utter melting pot, and I hope you find a few gems in there to take away for yourself.


-PLAYLIST-

TAKE ME HOME
Jess Glynne

SOMETIMES
The Academic

HALF THE WORLD AWAY
Aurora

KEEP ON DANCIN'
Ellie Goulding

SOMEONE ELSE
The Jellyrox

A.D.I.D.A.S
Little Mix

INDIGO ROAD
Beau James

THE BESNARD LAKES
Golden Lion

LANDSLIDE
Stevie Nicks (ft. Melbourne Symphonic Orchestra)

HELLO
Adele

LION'S HEART
Eliza & The Bear

THE PRINCESS DIARIES WALTZ
The Princess Diaries
(seriously just listen to it!!)

GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY
Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash

WORKING POOR
Horsefeathers

I WAS DREAMING
Robert Muinos

HELLO MY OLD HEART
The Oh Hello's

HISTORY
One Direction
(it's very, very catchy ok?)

STAY ON MY SHORE
Joan Shelley

EYES SHUT
Years & Years

ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME
Coldplay

TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK
Mumford & Sons

WHERE YA AT
Future ft. Drake

BIRD
Billie Marten

SHARPNESS
Jamie Woon

CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MYSELF
Santigold ft. B.C

DROWNING IN THE SHADOWS
Sam Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...