Tuesday 18 November 2014

Banana Bread Tray Bake


BANANA BREAD TRAY BAKE
This insanely delicious recipe was conceived from the depths of my imagination yesterday afternoon, when after doing my weekly food shop at Lidl (which was just a lidl bit fun- sorry, bad pun there) I finally had eggs which I could then combine with the brown bananas I had to make banana bread. 
Now because 1) I am a student on a tight budget, and 2) I broke my brand new weighing scales the second time I used them, this recipe, like the majority of my other recipes, was completely reliant on my favourite pastime of winging it. And the best bit was, it was easy to make and the end result was absolutely divine (ie. I ate 3/4 of it within the space of half an hour), sort of like the love child of banana pancakes and banana bread. So as I was munching upon every mouthful of pure deliciousness, I had a brain wave that told me that I needed to share this goodness with the rest of the world, so here it is dear readers. It's a rather unconventional but heavenly take on the classic banana bread recipe...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU WILL NEED

2 brown bananas
1 medium egg
4 heaped tablespoons of self raising flour
1 1/2 large tablespoon of butter
3 teaspoons of mixed spice
2 teaspoons of sugar
a handful of sultanas

RECIPE

1
Mash the two bananas in a bowl until puréed and add to mixing bowl.

2
Add the flour, egg and butter and stir thoroughly until well mixed.

3
Mix in the sultanas, sugar and spice until evenly distributed

4
Pour mix into a small baking tray; this was the thickness of my bake, although
the thickness isn't important as the cake won't rise much anyway...

5
Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for approximately 20-22 minutes until golden brown,
remove from oven, leave to cool for 2-5 minutes and devour whilst still warm

6
Rave about it to everyone you know

-------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...