Tuesday 25 November 2014

The City


THE CITY
This evening I bowed down to the almighty exercise gods and did my weekly exercise like a good girl should. Having gone to 'Gelato Passion' for my friend's 20th birthday yesterday, and having had a rather passionate moment indeed with my gelato, which came served on a waffle that was literally covered in melted Nutella, cream, chocolate sauce and banana, I knew I had to go do my weekly exercise whether I wanted to or not. My weekly exercise, in case you were wondering, consists of running with a running club at uni, and they push us to zee max, so every week I basically do a 5k, although tonight it was 6.5k (cheeky buggers didn't tell us that though till we were half way through) and surprisingly I didn't die, although I feel really tired now. Plus I came back to find my flatmates knitting, which was an added bonus. But anyhow, even though it was a rather strenuous route, they took us running through the centre of Manchester, which in case you've never seen it before, is out of this world amaaaaaazing at Christmas time. All the beautiful lights adorn the buildings and the trees, there's Christmas markets everywhere you go, lots of people walking around, and there's a magical, electric quality in the air. And the thing I keep finding with Manchester is that every time I think it just can't get any more amazing, it does. It's just an incredible city, and I know that there's some bad things that happen, as happens in every major city, but despite all that Manchester is really just incredible, and I constantly find myself thanking my lucky stars that fate took me here. 

So basically, this rather long winded and mostly irrelevantly filled post, is to celebrate the beauty of cities around the world, just like Manchester, because love them or hate them, you can't deny that there's just something so captivating, amazing and electric about the buzz of a big, beating, beautiful city. There's just something about them that makes you yearn to be encapsulated within the heart of it, even if it's just for a day, not to mention that vivacious, unapologetic spark of life, like pulsating electricity poised to explode at any moment. And so on that wonderful note, I really hope you enjoy these gorgeous photos as I catch up on my weekly fix of Gotham... (#noregrets)

























And just to see us out, it's the inevitable song choice that this post simply demanded,
it's... THE 1975, THE CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...