Wednesday 19 November 2014

Festive Spirit


FESTIVE SPIRIT
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go in Manchester because there are Christmas markets everywhere. Literally, I've never seen so many in one city in my life. The photo above is taken from the main Christmas market on Albert Square, which is rather spectacular and mahoosive, and absolutely packed full of the most gorgeous stalls and sublime food (and walking around it with no dollar in your pocket to buy that food is very, very, very difficult). In the space of five days I've been to all the markets around the city twice, and I'm almost certain that I will be making another visit in the next week or so, as well as convincing my family to come up to see them too. I love the Christmas markets being in town because you can't help but feel festive and wonderful and joyful when you walk around them. It's like being encapsulated within Christmas itself and it's rather amazing (as are the free food samples that the stalls dish out). The last couple of years or so I've felt a bit 'ugh' about Christmas for some reason, but something has changed this year. I don't know if it's the markets, the change of scenery, being denied proper good food and drink (it's tea, water or cider for me) or being away from home, but either way, I can't wait to see my family and spend time with the people I love, dance around to the festive music, eat Christmassy food and just have fun getting into the festive spirit.

So to celebrate this wonderful little festive mood I'm in, I've got lots of festive photos to hopefully get you excited for Chrimbo too, even if it is still over a month away.... 



















Mini Christmas Jukebox

1
IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
-BING CROSBY-

2
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN-

3
FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK
-THE POGUES & KIRSTY MACCOLL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...