Sunday 9 November 2014

Sunday Playlist #2


Sunday Playlist #2
This afternoon I did my second Sunday Playlist on my uni's amazing radio station Fuse FM (it's very swanky) and I just have to capitalise this: I HAD THE MOST INCREDIBLE TIME. I don't know what it was, probably 50% the music and 50% the fact that I was actually on the radio, which I adore to an infinite degree, but either way, it genuinely felt like life really could not get any better. I've always loved radio since I was little (Ram FM represent), and when I'm home and within proximity of a radio I'm always tuned in and enthusiastically absorbing the sound waves that greet my ears. So my being on the radio now is kind of beyond my wildest dreams, and I can honestly say it's everything I ever thought it would be and so much more. 

I love feeling like I'm really part of the music stratosphere, making my mark somehow. I love how I get to play a selection of my absolute favourite songs to people week after week, and the authority that means I can bring some really fantastic music into their lives. I love talking into the microphone and really feeling like my voice matters. I love the freedom I get with my show, I love the whole interactive aspect, I love how you can play ruddy bingo with the amount of adjectives and phrases I repeat cyclically, I love how I get to escape into that magical studio for an hour a week and be surrounded by beautiful buzzing lights and the music I love (the sound quality of the studio speakers is out of zis world). It's just an incredible opportunity and I'm continually thanking my lucky stars that it was afforded to me.

The Sunday Playlist, Fuse FM, Sunday 1-2pm
-If you want to get involved with next week's show, follow this link and you can help vote for the song that ends the show; how awesome is that?!-


1
ALL IN WHITE
-The Vaccines-

2
I WALK THE LINE
-Johnny Cash-

3
BLACK TREACLE
-Arctic Monkeys-

4
BLAME IT ON ME
-George Ezra-

5
HOLD ON
-Alabama Shakes-

6
ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG
-Billy Joel-

7
WAY BACK WHEN
-Kodaline-

8
PENCIL FULL OF LEAD
-Paolo Nutini-

9
BROWN EYED GIRL
-Van Morrison-

10
POMPEII
-Bastille-

11
SHELTER SONG
-Temples-

12
WATERLOO SUNSET
-The Kinks-

13
GOTTA GET AWAY
-The Black Keys-

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...