Thursday 2 October 2014

Hello Autumn


Hello Autumn
Up here in the northern hemisphere, it is now officially autumn and has been for the last week or so. Not everyone agrees with me, but in my opinion, autumn is the best season. I ruddy adore it and every year as we glide in to September, knowing that summer is well and truly over, I never feel sad because all it means to me is that it's tantalizingly close to the arrival of my favourite season. The gorgeously patterned thick woolly jumpers come out, suddenly nothing seems more appealing than a nice hot cup of tea or coffee, the leaves change from green to all these beautiful warm shades of gold, marigold, caramel, soft reds. Everywhere looks more cosy and inviting when it's tinged with that autumn blush, your mum makes apple crumble and pumpkin pie, the roast dinner becomes a Sunday staple all over again, those wonderful walks in the countryside, the knowledge that winter isn't too far away, the television shows that are on every year, the nights get longer, and there's this delectable magic in the air. I just love Autumn, how could you not? So to celebrate the arrival of my favourite season, here are some divine autumnal photos for you to enjoy...



untitled by ohsonocturnal on Flickr.










And to finish, here's a nice cosy, autumnal song to give you that perfect cosy feeling...
BLAME IT ON ME // GEORGE EZRA

For more deliciously wonderful autumnal photography check out http://autumncozy.tumblr.com/ who has the most gorgeous photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...