Monday 6 October 2014

NYC Illustrations


NYC Illustrations
As a sort of nod back to AS English Lit, I recently decided I would re-read one of my all time favourite books, F Scott Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby' which is so eloquently and gracefully intertwined with the magic of 1920's New York city and its equally fabulous counterpart Long Island. I'm still reading it now and every time I pick up the book I'm somehow transported to this whole other world which couldn't be farther from my own, and my insatiable desire to one day return to NYC again is revitalised time after time after time because of the way 'The Great Gatsby' captures it so splendidly. So whilst I still have New York on zee brain, I thought it would be nice to see it captured from another angle, this angle being that of illustration, and therefore I've chosen some of my favourite illustrative perspectives of the Big Apple for you laaaavley people to gaze upon...

--all credit goes to the insanely talented artists that drew these gorgeous illustrations!--


Should you want to read 'The Great Gatsby' (which you do because it's amazing and you totally won't regret picking it up ever) then just follow this link here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...