Saturday 18 October 2014

The Staves

The Staves
Today, on this rather blustery but beautiful Saturday afternoon, I want to divert your attention to a rather lovely little British rock-folk three piece comprised of three sisters who collectively call themselves The Staves. They hail from Watford in Hertfordshire and are kind of like the UK's answer to the equally awesome American sisterly trio Haim, what with their jealousy inducing hair, harmonising vocals and gorgeous guitar strumming. And if that wasn't enough, The Staves have also supported The Civil Wars and Bon Iver in the US and performed at the iconic South by Southwest festival there too, as if they couldn't get any cooler. I personally came across the girls when my uni's radio station, for which I will soon be a DJ for (oooooh exciting times!) posted about them, asking if anyone wanted to interview them. At the time I hadn't heard of them so didn't put my name down, but I did go away and listen to them and let me tell you now, that was a very, very good idea on my part indeedy. The music The Staves make is magical and beautiful and hypnotic and stunning and all consuming and if this large rambling paragraph hasn't made you want to hear just what I am on about, a click of the play button below should do the trick...

-You can order the band's new EP 'The Blood I Bled' here-

MEXICO

WINTER TREES

FACING WEST

THE MOTHERLODE

TONGUE BEHIND MY TEETH

BLOOD I BLED

ICARUS (FT. KEATON HENSON)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...