Friday 24 October 2014

Rob Ryan


Rob Ryan
I adore (x a million trillion gazillion and maybe even more than that) the work of the phenomenally talented British artist Rob Ryan, and it was only the other week that I realised I had never done a blog post on him before, which seemed kind of absurd seeing how much I am in love with his artwork. So here it is, a post completely dedicated to the amazing artistic talent that is Rob Ryan, and if you couldn't already tell from the main image above his work is an absolute aesthetic dream. Rob's art consists of the most intricate, detailed, blissfully beautiful carvings from paper; he takes a piece of paper and uses a scalpel to sculpt away the excess, progressively unveiling a ridiculously gorgeous hidden aesthetic gem full of pattern, words and beauty that lay within the paper, unbeknown to you. When I look at Rob's work, I find it so hard to believe that someone could possess the technique to create the pieces he does, that he can look at a piece of paper and coax such stunning imagery out of it, and I desperately wish that I could do the same.

It was only recently that I found out Rob only found large scale commercial success in the recent years, something that is rather difficult to comprehend when you look at the sheer scope of his artistic prowess. How did such talent go undetected for so long? Whatever the answer, all I can say is that it is an honour and sheer delight for such amazing artwork to be so accessible to us all, and if you too have an intense love affair with Rob's work (if not yet then you will do after looking at this post), you simply have to check out his Ryantown shop in London, as well as his online store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...