Monday 27 October 2014

The Sunday Playlist #1


The Sunday Playlist #1
Yesterday was a rather exciting day for me because I was lucky enough to do my first radio show at Manchester Uni's fabulous radio station Fuse FM. I was absolutely bricking it before I went live, and when my friend, who's show was before mine, handed over to me my voice was literally shaking as I spoke. It was simultaneously the most exciting and nerve-racking of moments, but also one of the best experiences of my life. I got the idea for my show from a blog post I did on here a couple of weeks ago called 'The Sunday Playlist'. It was the most gorgeous of days, and for the post I selected ten songs which had that amazing feel good factor that you want on a Sunday, when the weekend's not quite over and Monday is still a distant speck on the horizon. So when the opportunity came to apply for a radio show, I thought about my blog post, and realised that I really wanted that chance to play the kind of music that makes people feel good. I wanted to give people the perfect Sunday soundtrack, and so with that The Sunday Playlist was born.

Apart from a few minor (major) technical blips, including forgetting to turn the microphone on (hello 45 second silence), getting a tad tongue tied, and pausing too long after songs ended, it generally went alright. My mum texted me saying my voice had a Brian Cox vibe going on, which I assumed was a compliment, and I just can't stress to you enough how amaaaaaaazing it felt sitting at that desk, talking to my five listeners (if that) and having the chance to play some of my favourite songs on my own radio show on my favourite day of the week. IT WAS AMAZING. And now I want to share my first ever Sunday Playlist with you all, because even thought it's a Monday, if you close your eyes and whack up a quick roast dinner, you can almost pretend that it's Sunday all over again....

-If you want to listen to my next show which will be on the 9th of November, tune in to Fuse Fm online between 1pm and 2pm :) I'd also recommend tuning in whenever you're online as there are some other really, really brilliant shows on all throughout the week too!-

1
LOVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD
-Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake-

2
BUDAPEST
-George Ezra-

3
A NEW HOUSE
-Deacon Blue-

4
ABOVE THE CLOUDS OF POMPEII
-Bear's Den-

5
BEST FRIEND
-Foster The People-

6
DON'T STOP BELIEVING
-Journey-

7
CRUEL CITY
-Augustines-

8
TO BUILD A HOME
-The Cinematic Orchestra-

9
EVERYWHERE
-Fleetwood Mac-

10
LIFE IN COLOUR
-OneRepublic-

11
RATHER BE
-Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne-

12
DON'T YOU (FORGET ABOUT ME)
-Simple Minds-

And last but not least, here's my radio selfie.... *woop woop*
^^ LOVIN' LIFE RIGHT THERE ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...