Tuesday 22 July 2014

Outfit #1


Yo. This is my first ever outfit post ever in the history of ever so if you're here reading this post and seeing this photo then you must understand that this is a very important moment right now.

But all that aside, the first thing I ought to mention is that I don't have a particular style and I am not an avid follower of fashion or trends. If anything I rebel against trends, even if I really like them, and only go back to them when the fuss has died down. There is absolutely no logic to this although in my mind it makes sense. 

Every day I wear what I feel like, therefore my personal style is always evolving and changing, and I dress for myself and absolutely no-one else (although I would wear my best dress for Alex Turner of course). The older I've gotten, the more I've used fashion as a form of self expression and a form of experimentation. I like to see what happens if I piece unlikely items of clothes and different  accessories together and see if it works or not (not too extreme though!), although lately I've developed a growing love for the Spanish style of dress which may have something to do with the fact I'm a 1/4 Spanish (interesting fact for you there!). Ay yay yay eh.

But anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that when I do outfit posts, I'm not going to be showing you the latest trends and key pieces and where to find them because 1) I don't always know or follow the trends, 2) ditto and 3) a lot of the things I wear are from many different seasons and years and shops and places and therefore you may not be able to get the item anymore however I will tell you where you can find something similar.

Therefore I'm'a be showing you the product of some of my random experimentation's to inspire you, to give you ideas, to make you in turn look at your own wardrobe and see it in a different way, to inspire you to be brave and try different clothes combinations and to make you see getting dressed in the morning as a fun and creative challenge (which it is). Yay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So outfit number one is what I wore to town on Saturday when me and mum missed that massive storm like you do. It's made up of a long length animal tee (ie. it almost covers my bum) which was two quid from Rocket in Camden Town, black leggings from Pull & Bear which are high waisted and totally awesome, brown leather clippy clappy brogues, hoop earrings which you can't see and a casual bag. You can still see my Optimus band because I can't get it off still and the only way is chainsawing it off, I fear.

For this outfit I kept the colours very simple and neutral with grey, cool blue, brown, and accessorized and accentuated with gold/ tan hues. I went for a longer tee on the top because I wanted that slightly slouchy look and with the shoes, the colour tones and tee length meant I had a wider range to choose from however I was in one of those said Spanishy moods and I also wanted to add a touch of sophistication to the outfit and brogues will always do that, hence their featuring in this outfit. The use of tan tights or pop socks instead of normal socks also adds to height as in this outfit as well and I don't know really know why...

So if you like this outfit, and want to create your own version, you will need...

Animal tee (any style, shape, animal will do!) 

Image 3 of Monki Walking Animal Print ShirtImage 3 of RVCA Animal Print T-Shirt

Leggings (again any style or print will do although keep it neutral)

Image 4 of River Island Acid Wash LeggingImage 4 of ASOS Full Length Leggings in High WaistImage 4 of ASOS Leggings in Mono Tile Print

Brogues (any colour or design although tan goes with eeerrryything)
Image 3 of London Rebel Barnaby Brogue Lace Up ShoesImage 3 of Mango Lulu Beige Brogue Flat ShoesImage 3 of ASOS MERSEY Leather Brogues

Slouchy Bag

Image 1 of River Island Black Leather Chain Side Slouch BagImage 1 of Fiorelli Olivia Jade Shoulder BagImage 1 of Mango Great Matt Faux Leather Bucket Shoulder Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...