Thursday 17 July 2014

Optimus Alive, Lisbon 2014



Yesterday I came back from the insanely amazing and beautiful Lisbon, Portugal where I was lucky enough to go to Optimus Alive festival. My mum bought us all tickets as a surprise for my 18th and when I found out I was literally in a state of utter shock (but happy shock!) for aaaaaages because things like that don't normally happen to me. 

I'd always wanted to go to a festival too and I pour over Glastonbury, Coachella, Reading & Leeds etc. wishing I was there so to actually go to a festival and one with, in my opinion, the most amazing line-up was a dream come true. I got to see The 1975, Elbow, Sam Smith, The Black Keys, Foster The People, The Libertines, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, MGMT, Temples, Ben Howard and my beloved Arctic Monkeys and ughhh it was just insane. Can you really ask for better than that?

The festival is held at a beautiful location -Alges in Oerias, just outside of central Lisbon- where the
skies are always clear and undisturbed, making for beautiful sunsets in the evening, as well as being such an easy location to get to with buses, taxis and trams being available.
The festival site itself is not as big as you might expect but that is not necessarily an issue as it means
food, drink, loos, the three main stages, entrances and exits are all within five minutes walking
distance of each other, which is insanely useful when you're hopping from one band to another on
different stages or in need of a beer before the act comes on stage.

The tickets were such a reasonable amount too at around 110 euros for the three days which
when compared to most of the major British festivals, normally priced at well over £200,
is simply amazing when you realise it works out at £93 per person plus you get to so many of the acts
that you'd see doing the festival rounds here in the UK. And of course there's the added bonus of sun, heat, eternal blue skies and churros (aka the food I have an intense love affair with).

Therefore if you were thinking about going to a festival abroad I would definitely recommend it,
in particular my beloved Optimus which is like Coachella blended with any of the major British festivals. And just to persuade you even more, here's a strip of photos from my trip and a few from the festival for you to enjoy...






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...