Sunday 20 July 2014

House of Marley Over Ear Headphones

So I thought that I'd write a little bit about my beloved House of Marley over ear headphones because they're pretty awesome as far as headphones go. 

I bought mine from HMV in the sales back in May for my birthday. I'd never owned a pair of headphones before, just earphones and mostly Apple ones when they weren't too busy being worn to death. However I had enviously looked at my Dad's amazing but expensive ones and those of people around college or town who wore them and just looked so cool. And not gonna lie here, I wanted a pair, I wanted to be cool too.

But the main reason I wanted a pair of headphones was firstly to lose my headphone virginity and secondly because if you hadn't noticed already, I adore music and the best 18th birthday present I could think of was the gift of amazing music ie. when you listen to music through a high quality sound system or headphones or earphones and it just takes it to another level. That's what I wanted. A technological device that would make the already wonderful music on my I-Pod blow my mind every time I listened to it.

And that's what these House of Marley headphones do, or near enough when you haven't got £100-£200 quid spare to get the absolute top notch, big boss of all headphones. I bought mine for £19.99 at HMV, down from £39.99 which to me seemed like a massive bargain, and was allowed to try them on in store because they're originally boxed up. 






(me wearing my headphones and looking like a right div)

The first thing to note is that these are over ear headphones, something I didn't realise, so when you put them on don't think you're ears have gone Big Friendly Giant style or that the headphones have shrunk from the time you got them out the box to putting them on your ears. The ear cushion is slightly smaller and it does take a bit of getting used to, both the size and the feeling of wearing the headphones in general.

But my god are these headphones little gems and the design of all the House of Marley products, named in honour of the out of this world reggae legend Bob, are so beautiful and well crafted. I've never seen such beautiful headphones as the House of Marley range and they're made out of eco-friendly materials too, as if they couldn't get any better. They're made for people who love music as well as the environment and a portion of the sale goes to Bob Marley's charity '1Love' too. They really have thought of everything.

Now next is probably the most important thing, which is why it's the last thing, because it always takes me ages to get to the most important thing in anything that I write, THE SOUND. These headphones make music sound gorgeous, to put it simply. It's clear cut, high quality, and the bass line always sounds impeccable, and the best thing about headphones is that it's music in, world out, which allows you to get even more immersed in the music you're listening to, making it all the more magical. 

 These headphones are everything you could ask for and a little bit more too, and I suspect that the more expensive you go, the even higher the quality gets, that's if it could get any higher.
They're only £20 and yet I honestly can't complain about the design, the sound, the brand... they're just AWESOME and if you're looking to switch from earphone to headphone, I'd 100% recommend taking a look at not only these headphones but the House of Marley too. 

Now just a little bit of Marley to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...