Tuesday 22 September 2015

V&A Pattern Bonanza


V&A PATTERN BONANZA 

With university commitments back in full swing, and with my four week block placement looming incredibly close on the horizon, finding the time to sit down and blog has and will be rather difficult for a while. As has it been hard finding the time to seek inspiration and write down all my ideas. There's just so many things to do, organise, think about, get sorted, as is there the normal ups and downs of life to contend with, and as always seems to happen in these situations, where there's a lot going on all at once, my mind seems to go into some kind of overload. It's like my mind refuses to act logically and efficiently, and just make sense of things, do a spot of compartmentalizing. In my mind it all feels like one big jumbled up, swirling mess and so it's easier just to take each day as it comes, instead of even attempting to try and comprehend everything that's happening as a whole. And naturally blogging is always unfortunately one of the first things to take a back seat, during times like these, much to my dismay. I imagine that if I was more proactive with managing my time better, I probably wouldn't feel like that so much, and I would probably get a lot more done and at a much quicker pace too, but at this point in my life I'm just not that kind of person. I think I even kind of like how that swirling pot of things to do feels, as do I like jumping in head first, eyes closed, doing what I need to do one bit at a time and just hoping for the best. Something of an organised mess, I suppose.

Anyhow, back to the whole point of this post. Though time dedicated to blogging, seeking blog inspiration and looking through potential ideas has been poorly allocated by myself, rest assured there is a growing pile of blog posts I want to do in the next couple of weeks or so. This post is one of them. In fact, this post idea has actually been in the pipeline for a good four months or so. The inspiration came from one of my many visits to the awesome Manchester Central Library, when I found the most wonderfully captivating book bursting with prints, courtesy of the V&A museum down in London. I'm a sucker for colour and pattern, and books like this one just blow my mind, hypnotise me completely, cause pure sensory fulfilment, and I pour over every page devouring it from top to bottom. It's like visual creative juice to my system. It causes a domino like chain of ideas with the ultimate result being this overwhelming desire to create. I love it. The simplicity, the easiness, the intertwining of colour, the gorgeous repetition. And because some of my other blog posts involve talking about some pretty heavy subject matters, the honest kind written straight from the heart and take hours to perfect, I thought it would be quite nice to do a light, colourful, inspiring, art focused post. Something to clear the system. Something to inspire you. Something so pretty to look at. Something to calm you down. Even if you just take five minutes out of your day or evening to peruse some of the patterns I've included below, I hope you find it a rather pleasant experience, and I can't wait to write some more posts for you lovely, lovely readers very soon!

-All images and artwork copyright and ownership belongs to V&A Museum-














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...