Monday 7 September 2015

New Month, New Music


NEW MONTH, NEW MUSIC

Roll up, roll up, it's time for to kick start this wonderful new week the right way, riding out the tailcoats of summer by listening to some rather fantastic and brilliant music. I love this time of year, the final quarter of the year, when in my opinion a lot of the best new music is released. When I used to write my music blog, and every few months or so I'd traipse through that long, long list of albums set for release each year, the final quarter was always my absolute favourite. It always seemed to be the most exciting in terms of new musical releases, and the artists doing the actual releasing, so it's no surprise that the same kind of excitement seems to be brewing again this year, what with releases by Lana del Rey, Disclosure, Swim Deep, Avicii, Tom Odell and possibly Adele to look forward to. 

I suspect that by now, if you've read this blog long enough, you'll be familiar with the fact that I am a mahoosive sucker for music of any shape, form, genre, decade. As will you probably be aware of the fact that I love to share my musical finds with you guys too, because I'm a firm believer that we should always share good music with one another wherever possible. I like to think it makes life just a little bit more bearable. Like this weekend gone, when I had a mini party for one with my Spotify playlists on the go because everyone was out. Loneliness was kept at bay with the likes of  Lauryn Hill, Hanson, Drake, Mary Mary, Whitney, Belinda Carlisle, and dare I say it, One Direction, to keep me company till one of my besties came over. Or when some of my besties and I had a roadtrip up to Meadowhall for a wonderful day spent shopping, and on the way back we were singing to all those gloriously magnificent power ballads as we drove down the M1 back home. Or just every day lately, when I've been waking up feeling a little bit nervous about leaving my family and moving back to Manchester again, soon to start my second year of uni. I've found music, and just sitting there getting lost within it for a while, to be such a great comfort to me. I've said it a million times over, and I'll say it again. I love music. It means the world to me. I would be one heck of a lost soul without it. So as always, dear readers, I'd love to start this month the right way, and get things started on one mighty positive note, by sharing with you some of the music that is making me so happy right now. I hope you like what you hear, and I also wish you an amazing September. It's going to be a good'un.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Music Finds

LOCKED AWAY
R.City ft. Adam Levine

HOTLINE BLING
Drake

DO IT ANYWAY
Sinead Harnett

NAMASTE
Swim Deep

ELECTRIC LOVE
BORNS

WHERE I'M FROM
Kiko Bun

REAL LOVE
Tom Odell

RUN AWAY WITH ME
Carly Rae Jepson

TURN AROUND
Phats and Small

FAKE ID
Rat Boy

FOR A BETTER DAY
Avicii ft. Alex Ebert

SWARM
The Bohicas

SHACKLES (PRAISE YOU)
Mary Mary

SOMETHING
The Beatles

DOWNTOWN
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

1 THING
Amerie

SHOEGAZE
Alabama Shakes

WHIPPOORWILL
Darlingside

IN REVERSE
The War on Drugs

PRETTY PIMPIN
Kurt Vile

MATADOR
Gaz Coombes

LOVE IS A LASERQUEST
Arctic Monkeys

SOFT GENTLE BRILLIANT
Corey Kilgannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...