Tuesday 14 July 2015

Chris Ofili


CHRIS OFILI

So it's Tuesday evening as I write this post, having had three days off blogging due to venturing to Wales for the very first time that I can remember anyway (and more to come on that in a bizz guys!) for a mini holiday. The day is almost over and it's actually been a rather good day with highlights including a spot of volunteering, making brownies and trawling through old photos with one of my besties, as well as watching the gorgeously hunky Ed Westwick in Chalet Girl. And now to make it even better, I'm going to finish it off with a nice little blog post about the incredible British artist Chris Ofili because it makes perfect sense in my mind and it's rather fun to live on the wild side, indulging in a spot of late night blogging about art. And so here we are dear readers, and Chris makes for the perfect subject for said venture to the wild side, because his colour and pattern drenched artwork are sure to brighten up the cusp of your day, regardless as to how good or bad it has been. Chris' spectacular array of pieces are composed from a multitude of various mediums from glitter, pen, textures, resin, paint, all of which are heavily influenced by and pay tribute to Chris' African heritage, and they most certainly make for dazzling and intriguing viewing.

Chris Ofili was born in Manchester and as it so happens attended the college I walk past on my way home when I'm up in Manchester, just off of the legendary Curry Mile. He then went on to pursue and fine tune his evident artistic talent further by studying firstly at Tameside College, and then moving on to Chelsea School of Art and Royal College of Art in London, where he truly came in to his own and emerged a highly credible, talented and sought out artist with an incredibly distinct, mesmerizing style. Chris' work is so beautiful to peruse and he approaches a variety of subject matters from people to animals to landscapes, in an abstract yet detailed manner that I can't help but adore, and intertwines them all together, along with his various choices of medium, to build up a spectacular final image that's so rich with intricacy. I happened to discover Chris whilst researching for my first AS Art project way back when, and became very much enamoured with the aesthetics of his work, from the colours, patterns, textures, subject matters to the strong cultural references, and have loved his gorgeous art ever since. And that is therefore how we've ended up having some much needed quality Chris Ofili appreciation to illuminate this dull Tuesday evening, so with that I hope you enjoy browsing through some of my favourite Chris Ofili pieces, almost as much as I hope you enjoyed joining me on this trip to the wild side...

Also thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for helping me to reach 10,000 views. It means the absolute world to me and I truly do appreciate very time you guys take a minute to read a post I write or browse through my blog. :)

-All images and artwork belong to Chris Ofili and are linked to original sources-

Learn more about Chris here:
http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artists/chris-ofili-2543









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...