Friday 24 July 2015

Daily Outtakes


DAILY OUTTAKES

This morning I was uploading onto the computer some of the hundreds of pictures stored on my little purple camera. Since I dropped my beloved iPod Touch on my bedroom floor at uni, and somehow messed up the screen sensitivity by doing so, it's meant I've had to revert back to using my actual camera, instead of the iPod camera which I had grown accustomed to using nearly all the time. Since I discovered the wonders of photography aged thirteen, when I first received said purple camera for my birthday, I've always been very much into taking photos of everyone and everything. I love capturing moments, I love capturing pretty little scenes, I love pushing the boundaries of what my camera can do, I love finding little pockets of beauty that are normally hidden or overlooked in the depths of the world, I love using my camera to see things in a new way. 

Anyone who meets me normally ends up realising rather quickly that I am the world's most persistent photographer, always taking photos and attempting to visually document my life, as well as helping to document the lives of others too (even if they would rather I didn't). I always seem to be on hand to capture the memories, or there to insist a memory is indeed captured in photographic format, and I often end up falling behind or getting myself lost, wandering away from everyone else in pursuit of photographing my next subject matter, that I just happened to have spotted. I love photography. and due to my relentless photo taking, I normally end up with realms and realms of photographs stored away on various computers, memory cards and even in film format. Naturally a lot of them don't make the cut, or hide away forgotten about for years on end, and when I didn't have a blog the majority of photographs would end up either printed out and stuck in journals or uploaded to social media, and that would be that. However now that I have my little blog, it's a wonderful platform for me to share my photography with you lovely people. It stimulates me to push and develop my photography skills, to continually seek the beauty in the world and try to capture it, to make sure I remember some of the wonderful things I'm lucky enough to do in my life, and it's the best thing ever having somewhere to channel it all. 

Normally most photographs I take will feature in a specific blog post, documenting something I did or somewhere I went, however some photographs I take I can't use in a post, or I don't have enough to compose a post, so they sit around gathering dust. So as I was uploading my photographs today, I noticed a few I'd taken from the last week or so that were rather random and unrelated to one another, but still wonderful just the same. And I thought it would be a shame for me to never use them, hence how this post has come about. Below are some daily outtakes from my life the last week, a random assortment of random subject matters taken around Derby and Nottingham, things I did, things I saw, for you to peruse and enjoy and maybe give you some creative inspiration too!

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯ 

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.
18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

 25.

26. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...