Wednesday 8 July 2015

A Weekend In Devon


A WEEKEND IN DEVON

You may or may not know this, so apologies if you do, but I love Devon. Down in the south west of England lies one of the most spectacular counties of this nation, and whenever I go I'm always amazed at just how beautiful it is, and how far removed it seems to be from the rest of the country. It's like entering a parallel universe or some magical kingdom almost, so different to what you'll find in most of the rest of Britain. I've been visiting the South of Devon, namely the English Riviera part (oooh how fancy!), at least once a year for all my life, at first to visit my Grandpops and then to look after his house when he passed away, and now it's become a little holiday house that we use for holidays and my Dad also lets his friends use it too. As my Dad grew up in Devon, visiting it again is like a homecoming of sorts, you can see how much he adores being back home again, and just like him I too have come to obtain a massive fondness for the place, so now when I visit it feels a tad like coming home too, even though it's four hours from where I live in Derby, (or 6 if you factor in Manchester). 

This time round we went for just two days, a feat I used to believe surely must be impossible but alas was very wrong, as we actually managed to squeeze an awful lot into our two day trip, including stop off's in Bristol, Dartmouth, Paignton, Torquay, Cockington, Teignmouth and Gloucester, and so as I learned for myself this weekend, I guess it goes to show just how much you can actually do in a limited number of days if you plan your time well and just get out there and do things. Woo! I've previously posted about a trip to Devon I took way back in Easter on here, which actually feels like another lifetime ago now for some reason, which you can see here ft. photographs and similar gushing to this post, and as I've now notched up a second visit of the year, I thought it would be rather nice to share with you lovely people some of my new photographs of the wonderful place that is Devon. We were so lucky that the weather was rather lovely (bar the sudden outburst of Sunday morning rain), meaning the photos I took just look a gazillion times better than they would've had it been cloudy, and seeing as the weather today where I am anyway is rather crap, hopefully seeing these pics will remind you that yes it really is summer right now (even if it doesn't feel like it), and maybe they'll even encourage you to take a spontaneous trip to Devon yourself (which you definitely, most certainly should).


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTOBOOK

Pretty bunting at a little cafe we went to for cream teas!

Very New Orleans-esque building decor (me gusta mucha & on that note I must really watch The Princess & The Frog again...)

The gorgeous big wheel in Torquay

ZEE BEACH!!! AY CARAMBA WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT TO SEE!!!

Patriotism at its colourful best in Dartmouth

Getting up close & personal with traffic lights

Super cool flower power overload

Teignmouth beach looking super fabby

Awesome Tudor-esque decor with a touch of gothic about it...

Stunning little garden on the Torquay harbour 

Evening sun ft. flying bird

Dem colours doh...

Shops and fairy lights and blue skies

The sky as we drove back home down the M5

A cute lil' thatched cottage ft. lots of beautiful flowers

Loving those colours again //  Under the pier in Teignmouth, looking out to sea

SO BIG, SO GREEN, SO BEAUTIFUL 

A cute countryside pub where we had some lunch

Looking out across the Dartmouth estuary, all those colourful houses in the distance!

Sneaky lil' landscape shot of a street 

'Give a hug & be happy', wise words ingrained into the sand by legendary Torquay artists Sandy Fingers

Lazy, serene night sky on our journey home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...