Wednesday 30 August 2017

3 x 5 Transportive Playlists



3 x 5 TRANSPORTIVE PLAYLISTS


Hold your horses dear readers.

Following the success of my first 3 x 5 playlists post, which featured 3 purposely handcrafted playlists to accompany you through key parts of the weekend, I've once again returned to the nifty 3 x 5 formula to create 3 new playlists for you to enjoy.

This time, they focus around 3 key feelings, with each playlist featuring songs that will transport you to a particular emotional concept. We have ELECTRIC SPIRIT, A GOLDEN HAZY SUMMER IN THE DEEP SOUTH, and THE HEARTBREAK EVOLUTION, and each encapsulates a unique and distinct vibe, meaning you can select the playlist that best matches your mood.

The idea for these playlists came about because I was delving through my newly amassed music, and I realised I could pinpoint and connect different songs together. There were links to be drawn. There were narratives, idea, feelings, all of which I could convey, simply by putting certain songs into a collective. And it was almost as if it was meant to be, because I managed to craft these playlists in a matter of minutes, and I'm so happy with the finished result.

As am I so happy to be able to share some of my very favourite songs of the moment with you all. I would tell you my favourites, but one, there's just too many and two, I want you to take a listen and decide that for yourselves....

Happy listening!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ELECTRIC SPIRIT

001. THE SKY IS A NEIGHBOURHOOD - FOO FIGHTERS
002. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL - THE KILLERS
003. SIT NEX TO ME - FOSTER THE PEOPLE
004. PLIMSOLL PUNKS - ALVVAYS
005. I WANNA PROVE TO YOU - THE LEMON TWIGS

A GOLDEN, HAZY SUMMER IN THE DEEP SOUTH

001. ME & MAGDALENA - THE MONKEES
002. THE LAST DAY OF JUNE, 1934 - AL STEWART
003. WICHITA LINEMAN - GLEN CAMPBELL
004. MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE - TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS
005. YOUR SMILING FACE - JAMES TAYLOR


THE HEARTBREAK EVOLUTION 

001. HERE'S THAT RAINY DAY -BOB DYLAN
002. PAIN - THE WAR ON DRUGS
003. YOU'LL FIND - DAN & DRUM
004. TAKE ME BACK - ALICE JEMIMA
005. IN THE MIDDLE - DODIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...