Monday 31 October 2016

Where Have I Been


WHERE HAVE I BEEN

Hello dear readers, I hope you're all well and happy and good. It feels like ages since I've done some blogging. Up until the post I did the other day, I just didn't have time to sit down and write a post, let alone think of what to write. All my inspiration melted away somewhere, and instead uni became the juggernaut express, trailblazing at the speed of light with the weeks flying by. There was reading to be done, assignments to write, studies to critically appraise. There was all the extracurricular stuff that needed doing too, and the fun things that make me so happy and fulfilled. Life has felt like a whirlwind the last few weeks. Lots of ups and downs. Iffy moments and really amazing moments. A lot of special things have happened that I will never forget, as has there been the daily slog, where I'm just trying to get through things day by day and stay on top of everything. I guess you could say it's typical life. Life in it's truest form. Where things are never simple, and so much is going on, and it feels like the party never really stops. We just keep dancing down the street day in day out. 

So as part explanation, and whilst I have the time in between end of uni work and start of my upcoming 6 week placement, I thought I'd do a quick post listing some of the things I've been up to recently. Kind of like a heads up, and also so you can rest easy knowing that I haven't been abducted by aliens and am now living a groovy life in Jupiter, speaking gobbledegook. Life hasn't been the most interesting, but it's been brilliant none the less, and I feel like an awful lot has changed in the last few weeks alone. I'm feel stronger, more excited for the future, focused, knowledgeable, loved, appreciative of the amazing people I'm lucky to have in my life, content, happy, confident, and I know that times may be bonkers and crazy right now, but that's life. And I'm okay with that. I wouldn't have it any other way.

-Also on a side note, my blog recently made 40,000 views, so I'd like to say thank you x a million trillion gazillion to every single one of you who has ever popped by to say hello & take a nosey. It means more than I could ever express <3 -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Seeing my brilliant, amazing, lovely mum and dad
-Going to Wetherspoons too much
-Drinking G&T (waheeey classy girl)
-Playing korfball matches and spending too much time getting red and sweaty and chatting to opposite team, instead of scoring any goals
-Buying too many clothes in Primark
-Going on the most amazing bar crawl with most amazing people and dancing all night long 
-Doing more dancing, because it is the best
-Walking home in the pouring rain at 3am in the morning with a random guy called Amin and discussing the prices of Tesco vs. Lidl
-PYJAMA DAYS
-Drinking obscene amounts of lemon & ginger tea
-Eating too much peanut butter on toast (the babe of all babes)
-Learning how to play the drum I impulsively bought a few weeks ago
-Singing McFly songs in the shower
-Trying to ward off the mice in our house with cotton wool pads dipped in mint mouthwash (didn't work, cue pest control)
-Baking cakey things that look like turds
-BAKE OFF!!!!!
-Watching Girl On The Train in the cinema (very creepy)
-Wearing my new coat which I love love love, but have since realised isn't waterproof (not great when you live in one of the rainiest cities in England)
-Talking to my sister on the phone most days
-Speaking to someone I haven't spoken to in quite a while and making peace with the past
-Watching the brilliant Honne perform at Gorilla (SO GOOD!!!!)
-Painting pumpkin faces onto paper plates
-Leaving glitter trails wherever I go
-Making Halloween decorations
-Throwing a party for old people in our uni bar (so lovely!) and talking to them all
-Making a 4 hour long playlist full of amazing golden oldies 
-Learning more songs on my guitar
-Doing so. much. uni work
-Critically appraising research papers (ooooh fun)
-Getting hooked on Tim Burton films
-Stressing out about placement and having a lil meltdown, as always happens, but feeling pretty excited about it now!! :) 
-Trying to get better at time management
-Making people laugh 
-Making new friends (wOooOoOOOooOOo)
-Watching Angus Thongs & Perfect Snogging and cringing/ laughing my head off/ wishing I could go back to secondary school again when the biggest problems were 'does he fancy me' and 'how should I do my hair this morning' and 'why is this gigantanormous zit not shrinking'
-Having my oldest friend come up and stay with me
-Drinking cocktails and eating late night maccys
-Going up to Cloud 23 for a nice view of Manchester in all its glory
-Preparing to volunteer at LGBT, helping transgender people to find their true voice
-Gilmore Girls Gilmore Girls Gilmore Girls, always
-Trying to read my Bruce Springsteen book
-Painting glass bottles 
-Making lots and lots of lists so that I don't forget things
-Feeling the feels
-Dinner night with some of my old housemates, eating thai green curry and profiteroles and laughing at my friend's mad driving skills
-Speaking of driving, it's officially been one whole year since I passed, and in that time I have driven two times (clearly making good use of all those driving lessons then)
-Enjoying autumn (the best season)
-Doing a bit of role play, as part of my course (you'll be seeing me at the BAFTAs next year)
-Taking Neil the sloth around Manchester with my friend from home & listening to lots of good music
-Planning a christmas party for the lovely old people
-Fangirling when one of the strictest lectures on my course called me Tash 
-Joking around with my friend on the walk to uni and laughing about the silliest of things
-Trying to make cheese sauce that is actually a sauce and not a big gooey blob that envelopes all the other food on the plate (why is it so hard????)
-Reading lots of R.M. Drake poetry
-Accidentally using the male toilets and convincing any guys that came in that they were in the wrong toilet, not me
-Trying to spot Manchester amongst all the roadworks 
-Feeling very happy to be alive, even if life is mad
-LISTENING TO CHRISTMAS SONGS!!!! TIS THE SEASON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...