Friday 17 April 2015

When I Went To London...


WHEN I WENT TO LONDON...

The last week or so has been preeeetty hectic for me. For some peculiar reason I've been unusually busy, zooming up and down the country on various modes of transport and heading here, there and everywhere, hence the difficulty finding time to just sit down and write a blog post. But I've finally found a sliver of time, so I thought I'd tell you all about my trip to the beautiful, incredible, wonderful city that is London. Last Thursday I was lucky enough to go with my Ma and sis for my sister's seventeenth birthday. She loves musicals and London, which is why we ended up down there in the first place, and honestly it was just the most amazing couple of days. I loved every single second of it. The sun was shining, blue skies everywhere, blossom on the trees, warm weather, spending time with the people I love... London has this vibrancy and electricity about it that's impossible not to get caught up in, and being within in the midst of it all is so exciting and inspiring. We managed to pack quite a few things into our two day stay, including trips to Foyle's bookstore on Charing Cross Road, the Theatre Cafe, Billy Elliot The Musical, the Swarovski Cinderella exhibit on Leicester Square, Selfridges, Covent Garden, South Bank, Green Park, Picadilly Circus and Fortnum and Mason. We walked around wherever we could both because we wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather and because walking is truly the best way to take in and appreciate a city like London, as well as find all these gorgeous parts that you wouldn't normally get to see. It was just such a fantastic trip and I'd love to share some of the 450 photos I ended up taking, many of which were of buildings because I've somehow become a mahoosive architecture nerd out of nowhere. The pics I've chosen are all pretty summery and colourful, and so I hope you enjoy taking a peek!


PHOTOBOOK:

On the way to Fortnum and Mason in the sunshine

Some of the stunning costumes from the Cinderella movie exhibit on Leicester Square

At the amazing Cabana Brazilian BBQ for dinner

BILLY ELLIOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sis and I having a picnic in Green Park by zee daffodils

Pictures from the Alexander McQueen exhibit at Foyles

Colourful buildings are my kinda building

Beautiful clock outside Liberty London

Crepes on the Southbank

Gorgeous buildings near Picadilly

The sis & I outside Cats   ///   Quite possibly the best blackboard eveeerrr

Yes please.

On the way to London Tooooooon'

Pretty lil street near Covent Garden

My kinda bike

My love heart latte from Foyles cafe

Beautiful flowery window box

Sunset across the streets in Victoria

Pretty roses on the streets in Mayfair

St Pancras Hotel looking beautiful in the sunlight

And our hotel, Central Hotel, looking equally beautiful in my opinion

Super colourful chairs in the streets

Wise words from Alexander McQueen

In the theatre before the show...

Picnic in the park Tesco styleeee

Oscar de la Renta, the place of dreeeaaaams

The Theatre Cafe, a must visit if you're a self professed musical theatre buff like my sis

Gorgeous decor in Cabana

Down the side streets....

My favourite mural in London, on the Southbank next to Wahaca :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...