Thursday 2 June 2016

Tom Robbins Quotes



TOM ROBBINS QUOTES

I randomly stumbled across the American author Tom Robbins the other night, after a random series of internet searches led to me crossing paths with his name. I don't know why, maybe because I'm a die hard literary nerd, or maybe because I think rather illogically when it's late at night and I really ought to be asleep, but anyhow, I decided to follow it up. My inner curiosity was telling me to look up this fellow, Tom Robbins, and see what I find waiting on the other side. The long and short of it, is that I was very, very glad I did that, because I think this Tom Robbins might just be something of a living genius. Tom writes stories that are insightful, poetic, witty and thoughtful, with interesting philosophical, political and social undertones that really probe you to re-consider your personal construct of the world. He is a writer that cares deeply about the creation of his literary work, reportedly fine tuning each and every word he writes until it perfectly encapsulates the message he is trying to convey.

Since 1971, Tom has written 8 books, all of which have been greeted with great acclaim and admiration from fans the world over. Although I am yet to read or purchase a book, as of yet (don't worry I've got Amazon open as I type), many of Tom's quotes are sourced directly from his books. And since I have found myself awash in great swathes of awe, after trailing through many of his quotes on le internet, it seems to me to be a very positive indication of what clever masterpieces his books must be. However whilst I continue pondering over which books to purchase first, I instead would like to share with you dear readers some of my favourite Tom Robbins quotes, which I have knocked up into images for you to use freely of your own accord.

I think I must be quite a philosophical person, and with my analytical and optimistic mind, combined with my love of language, I guess it makes sense for this to be the case. I love to read quotes about life. I love to seek out different perspectives, different ways of framing the world and all the events that happen within it. I love to immerse myself in the lessons and wisdom imparted by others. I could happily spend days and days reading them and jotting down my favourites. I have countless notebooks filled with quotes upon quotes. And at the moment, it's all words derived from the mind and mouth of the zany, brilliant, intelligent, awesome Tom Robbins, and so with that, I hope you enjoy and peruse them as much as I do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...