Wednesday 19 August 2015

August Playlist


AUGUST PLAYLIST

First thing's first, I really do hope you like the photo I've chosen to accompany this post with. Isn't it just wonderful, dear readers? It was taken on my first day in Copenhagen last month when we went for a boat tour around the city. We happened to pass the group of guys in the picture above, who were dressed as sailors and floating along the water whilst chugging from bottles of cool Danish beer and smoking cigarettes in the afternoon sun. They didn't have a care in the world, they looked so cool, and I loved their radiating confidence. To me, that photograph I took encapsulates the heart and essence of summer. You know, spending time with people you love, basking in the sunshine and heat (when it dares make an appearance), doing crazy, wild, fun things, going on adventures, or on the converse just chilling and relaxing in the laziness of the day, enjoying the long nights, feeling that simple kind of happiness that doesn't ask for much at all. This photograph signifies all those things for me when I look at it, as does it conjure some really wonderful, precious memories, hence why I thought it would be a nice accompaniment to this post. As you probably guessed, this is a classic playlist post, full of a mixture of old and new music that I'm loving right now, and the best thing is the common summery, feel good theme that seems to be emerging. This playlist is perfect listening for this time of year when it's still very much summer, even though the autumn is beginning to whisper from the distant horizon.

I simply had to do this post because as per usual, my Spotify has had a lot of action lately. The favourite song list keeps on growing and growing. The same few songs keep getting replayed again and again and again. Many parties for one have been thrown in my kitchen, with my current Spotify favourites providing the soundtrack. These songs listed below are defining my summer, and I love it. Right now there's a lot of really, really good music out there, many of which are songs that perfectly encapsulate summer. They make you feel free, happy, whole, excited and filled with that blissful, buoyant summer feeling. I always feel that with the music scene, it seems to go through the motions constantly. There's periods of time when the music released is pretty decent but it doesn't always blow you away. And then next thing you know, tune after tune is being released consecutively. The benchmark raises exponentially, the wealth of talent almost overflows, the quality of the music is unbelievable, and you find yourself dazzled and excited by music all over again. This is that time. On my playlist below I've got the likes of Sam Smith, Netsky, Wolf Alice, Courtney Barnett, Prides, RHODES, Lana Del Rey... all of which are producing some really cracking songs right now that conveniently are perfect for summer too. It's so wonderful!

So I've compiled all my favourites together, in the hopes that you might take a little listen if you find the time, or maybe it'll help you discover some new music and artists that you hadn't heard before. Either way, nothing makes me happier than sharing my favourite music with you guys, so I hope you like these songs as much as I do, and that maybe, just maybe, you'll feel just like those guys in the photograph above when you listen too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Playlist

OMEN
Disclosure ft, Sam Smith

RIO
Netsky

YOU'RE A GERM
Wolf Alice

FOUNDATION
Cadenza ft. Stylo G & Busy Signal

DANCING WITH MYSELF
Billy Idol

WEST COAST
FIDLAR

HEY MAMA
David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj, Afrojack, Bebe Rexha

FROM EDEN
Hozier

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY
Galantis

I'VE GOT THE SANCTIONED BLUES
Ultimate Painting

HOLDING ON
Julio Bashmore ft. Sam Dew

SAY YOU WILL
Fleetwood Mac

LET IT GO
RHODES ft. Birdy

THE NIGHTS
Avicii

NOBODY REALLY CARES IF YOU DON'T GO TO THE PARTY
Courtney Barnett

LITTLE DANGER
Prides

FEELS LIKE WE ONLY GO BACKWARDS
Tame Impala

BLOWN ROSE
Blossoms

GOOD TIMES
Ella Eyre

HIGH BY THE BEACH
Lana Del Rey

DOWN SOUTH BOOGIE
Golden Rules

BE A NOBODY
Soak

GUNGA DIN
The Libertines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...