Wednesday 25 February 2015

Chris Buchholz

42

CHRIS BUCHHOLZ

It feels like a while since I posted some art on here, so I've decided that now feels like the right time for some art appreciation, and who better to shine the artistic spotlight on than a certain Chris Buchholz and his rather cleverly titled 'Sketchbuch'? I discovered Chris at the weekend when my sister came up to stay. She likes to show me cool things she's found on Tumblr, and Chris Buchholz's artwork was one of those very things, so I basically owe this entire blog post and my adoration for Chris' work to my sister. Art can be found in the craziest and most diverse of places, but I absolutely love it when you discover someone like Chris Buchholz, whose work inspires you and instantly captivates you from the very first image, and it's the best thing ever being able to share it on to you guys, like a wonderful little gift from one person to another. Chris is a serving Jehovah's Witness in Pennsylvania, USA, and his glorious artwork stems from his many travels across the world. He uses these adventures and explorations as artistic inspiration and documents them beautifully using mediums such as pen and watercolour to capture the stunning sights he sees before him. Chris' work features Disneyland, Italy, Valleys, the Dominican Republic, and so much more. He captures sights and imagery that you'd never normally notice, and he makes you truly appreciate the beauty of the world around you, as well as showcasing to you the best the world has to offer. It makes me want to be more observant of the world around me, and make an effort to jot down all the amazing little things that I come across on my way. I just adore Chris' work, and it's a real privilege to be able to share with you, and I hope you love it as much as I do!

http://www.sketchbuch.blogspot.co.uk/
(all images taken from above link & belong to the wonderful Chris Buchhholz)

15

02

18
13
32

40

45

25

04

35

35
19

08

27

16

24

19

07

37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...