Friday 27 February 2015

Robert Doisneau


ROBERT DOISNEAU

It was whilst walking around Liverpool city centre last weekend that my sister and I wandered into an interior design shop that happened to stock a book about the gorgeous monochrome work of acclaimed and iconic French photographer Robert Doisneau. Now because I love having a nosy through photography books to see if I can find any pretty pics, I obviously had to pick this Doisneau book up and have a flick through. Needless to say it was a rather good decision, because as I found out, Robert Doisneau was a rather incredibly talented photographer. I especially love his photographs of the beautiful city of Paris, capturing it in all its glory and character, and especially paying homage to the city's sparkling spirit. Doisneau was a Parisian through and through, and his adoration for his home city is so evident throughout, with each photo lovingly capturing different aspects and features of the city that when assembled together present a true representation of just what Paris was as a city many a year ago, and also continues to be in the modern age. Doisneau's photos are classy, timeless, chic, delightful, amusing, entertaining, stunning, and looking through them makes for a real aesthetic treat. By the time of his death in 1994 Doisneau had assembled 450,000 negatives, many of which can be seen on his website and are looked after by his daughters in the Atelier Robert Doisneau, and the more I research him the more I admire his adamant dedication to capturing the wonderful little moments that life has to offer, and respect the unique artistic vision he held as a photographer. Doisneau was a wonderful man, and to thank him for preserving such beautiful and precious moments of life for us to enjoy, here are a selection of my favourite Doisneau photographs...


    




  




      




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...