Friday 28 July 2017

3 x 5 Songs for The Weekend


3 x 5 SONGS FOR THE WEEKEND

It's music time again! Because who can resist a good banger eh?

I've been itching to do another blog post this last week, and I've written a fair few pieces both on here and in my notebook. I've had so many thoughts and reflections and things I want to share. One moment I'm thinking about this, another I'm thinking about that. And I feel that urge in my chest to put pen to paper and unleash the beast inside me. But every time I sit to write, I can't quite find the words. Or I don't know how to articulate. Or something stops me. Or I realise that how I feel is complex, and just when I think I've found my opinion and voice, a new thought pops into my mind, and I realise I still have a bit more thinking to do. 

So I thought I'd keep it nice and sweet and simple this rainy, gloomy Friday afternoon, and do a music post. Give you the best words of other people, instead of my own. 

I love music posts so much. They make all the neurotransmitters in my head go batshit crazy with excitement because it's the perfect chance to rack the music library in my mind, as well as go out there and hunt out new musical goods to add to the collection. 

Normally I do a playlist and whack lots of songs into it, but today I thought I'd approach it differently. Inspired by the idea of weekends, I've broken the weekend down into three key phases: SATURDAY NIGHT/ EARLY MORNING/ SUNDAY AFTERNOON. And within each one I've picked 5 perfect songs for that particular time of day. So I gots ya back sorted dear readers. 

Some of the songs are new (FOSTER THE PEOPLE!!!), some aren't so new, but all of them are 100% fabulous. So I hope you enjoy taking a gander, and have a magical weekend. I'm off camping in Derbyshire for a week in the pouring rain so wish me luck!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SONGS FOR SATURDAY NIGHT
001. RUN FOR COVER / THE KILLERS
002. CHEMISTRY / ARCADE FIRE
003. ST ELMO'S FIRE / JOHN PARR
004. SILHOUETTES / AVICII 
005. JUST DANCE / HONNE

SONGS FOR THE EARLY HOURS
001. DREAMS TONITE / ALVVAYS
002. BELONG TO YOU / SABRINA CLAUDIO
003. CRAZY / YUKON BLONDE
004. NOTHING EVER SEEMS RIGHT / CHILDHOOD
005. STATIC SPACE LOVER / FOSTER THE PEOPLE

SONGS FOR SUNDAY AFTERNOON
001. THERE'S TOO MUCH LOVE / BELLE & SEBASTIAN
002. STRAWBERRY SWING / COLDPLAY
003. LET MY LOVE OPEN THE DOOR / ROGUE WAVE
004. CARRY ON / NORAH JONES
005. T SHIRT WEATHER / CIRCA WAVES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...