Tuesday 28 October 2014

Joseph Mallord William Turner


Joseph Mallord William Turner
This is another of those cases where I did A-Level Art and yet I somehow managed to completely miss out on yet another iconic English artist, and the artist in question this time (I'm sure there's more to come you see) is the one and only J.M.W Turner. I personally only discovered him last night after the curiosity bug bit whilst watching the repeat of Friday's 'The Graham Norton Show' on which Timothy Spall was promoting his film 'Mr Turner', which happens to be all about J.M.W Turner. Now I admit when I googled Turner (the first Turner I thought of is Alex from the Arctic Monkeys of course) my expectations really weren't very high, but when you see the examples I've included on this post, you will see why my jaw instantly dropped in wonder and amazement and I dived for my i-pod to make a note about doing a blog post on J.M.W Turner. This man's art really is rather awe-inspiring and oh so sublime and majestic and I'm not ashamed to say I've fallen completely head over heels in love.











-MR TUNER IS OUT IN CINEMAS NATIONWIDE NOW-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...