Friday 5 February 2016

An Old School Feel Good Playlist


AN OLD SCHOOL FEEL GOOD PLAYLIST

So this first week back at uni has been somewhat hectic, but hectic in the best way ever. The kind of hectic where it feels like your feet rarely pause to touch the floor, your head is somewhere up in the clouds, lost in the dream, sleep is merely a peaceful act to bridge the days and the hours seem to fly by as if time is racing against itself. So many things have been going on, so many ups, a few downs, but if I had to define this week in one word, it would be this: friendship. And that's because it feels like every thing has been revolving around just that, whether that be meeting up, having fun, laughing, catching up, texting, making plans, phone calls, hugs, being a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to, talking for hours. It feels like it's the most important thing. That unique, beautiful, interwoven network of different connections you have to different people, who each have some varying degree of importance in your life. A personal, individualised network unique to you and no-one else. Those connections that may not light up all the time, they sometimes shine stronger, sometimes shine weaker,yet they always seem to remain there, throughout thick and thin, distance and time. Some people are an ever present feature in your life, some pop by every so often, yet whenever you see them it feels like you've never been apart, and the funny thing is you value every friendship just as much as the other.

For me, this week feels like a lot of those little connections have been lighting up, and I have to say it's definitely been making me think about how important friendship is. Its strengths, its merits, how precious and kind of amazing it all is. Sometimes, I honestly don't think anything makes me as happy, nor do I think there is anything better, than true, proper friendship. It's almost magical in a way. That feeling when you're with someone, or a group of people, and it feels like it's you guys against the world. The laughs, the teasing, the inside jokes and stories, the supporting one another, the sharing of information, taking a genuine and sincere interest in one another, being there for each other no matter what, the random crazy things that you do. I've said this countless times before, but almost every day of my life now I genuinely find myself thanking my lucky stars for the friends I'm lucky enough to have in my life now. Whether it's those I've known since childhood or my school years, to those I've met at college, university or else where. People I know inside out, to those I don't know as well. I don't have a seemingly infinite amount of friends, like some people do, but that doesn't even matter any more because the friends I do have are more than I could ever hope for. There's a deeper meaning behind it now. There's a an ever increasing value and appreciation now. There's the sense that these friendships aren't a form of convenience or applicable solely to the here and now. no these friendships are, I hope, friendships that will last a lifetime. It feels like the groundwork, the foundation, is too strong. It's the shared memories, the laughter, the good times, the crying, the sad times, the being there for one another, the way you click, the importance, the special something you bring to each other's lives. I'm in it for the long run if you are. That kind of thing.

Now I understand that obviously the title of this post, and the content of this post, don't really match, and you're right in thinking that maybe I should have called this post something else. But simultaneously, the origins of this post, the idea for this post, actually stemmed from friendship and things that happened this week. So even though the subject matter went a bit of course (as per usual), I still wanted to use this post as a way to celebrate and honour friendship, and the friends that I'm lucky enough to have, using words and music. Friendship, at the end of the day, is all about feeling good, it's about lifting one another up, being there for one another, lots of fun, freedom happiness, and that's exactly what the playlist I made below aims to capture. It's happy, it's feel good, it's sunshine in music form, it's a reason to sing, a reason to dance, and I hope that listening to it makes you feel super duper crazy happy, and that it also makes you feel like actually, things are pretty a-okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-TAKE A LISTEN-

EVERYBODY'S TALKIN'
HARRY NILSSON


UPSIDE DOWN
JACK JOHNSON

EASY (LIKE SUNDAY MORNING)
COMMODORES


YOU TO ME ARE EVERYTHING
THE REAL THING

EVERY MORNING
SUGAR RAY

TWO PRINCES
SPIN DOCTORS

SUMMER OF 69
BRYAN ADAMS

THE JOKER
STEVE MILLER BAND

THREE LITTLE BIRDS
BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS

ALL THE SMALL THINGS
BLINK 182

FIRST DAY OF MY LIFE
BRIGHT EYES

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU
THE ROMANTICS

HERE COMES THE SUN
THE BEATLES

ME & JULIO DOWN BY THE SCHOOL YARD
PAUL SIMON

(YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTIN' ME) HIGHER & HIGHER
JACKIE WILSON

SHOCK OF THE LIGHTNING
OASIS

DROPS OF JUPITER
TRAIN

THIS IS THE ONE
THE STONE ROSES

MR BLUE SKY
THE ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA

TALK TO ME
STEVIE NICKS

I'M YOURS
JASON MRAZ

YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE
NEW RADICALS

LIKE A ROLLING STONE
BOB DYLAN

CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MYSELF
SANTIGOLD

DON'T STOP BELIEVING 
JOURNEY

YOU MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE
HALL & OATES


DON'T STOP
FLEETWOOD MAC

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH
MARVIN GAYE

WALKING ON SUNSHINE
KATRINA AND THE WAVES

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY
RASCAL FLATTS

NEVER FORGET
TAKE THAT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...