Monday 22 February 2016

Did You Know...


DID YOU KNOW...

The last few days or so I haven't been feeling too good, dear readers. It's been a mixture of sore throat, tickly cough, headaches, ear ache, sleepless nights and now a voice that sounds like an old woman doing a headstand whilst puffing on a cigar. It ain't good, and I can't understand who or where I caught this silly thing from, but it's super annoying (eg. having coughing fits in lectures, making strange strangled sounds instead of speech, and not being able to sing Adele at full blast). I'm hoping that the worst is over, but in the mean time I'm still throwing my little pity party for one, (feel free to join if you want), which I thought would be made all the more better by indulging in a spot of blog post writing tioo. Woo. 

I thought I'd keep it nice and simple, by doing one of those random facts about me posts, firstly because they're super easy and rather fun to write, and secondly, because they almost act as a little snapshot of yourself at a certain moment in time, and seeing as I last wrote one of these posts almost a year ago, I thought it would be interesting to see how much has changed, and how much has resolutely stayed the same, since then. I also know how much fun it is to read posts like this, so whilst I get back to doing my uni work, flopping dramatically on my bed, and wowing people with the sheer nastiness of my voice, I hope you enjoy this little evening read, and I hope you're all fine and dandy too and eating your 5 fruit and veg a day. They're not lying when they say it's damn good for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-LET'S BE HAVIN' YA-

001. I love peanut butter (crunchy, to be precise) and typically finish a jar within 7-10 days.
002. I'm a very expressive speaker, in that I'm working those facial expressions to the nines, whilst the hands are busy looking like they're desperately trying to break free of my body.
003. I acquired my first 'sports injury' yesterday, when the impact of catching the ball pushed my thumb a little too far backwards. The good news is that my thumb is 97% better already, so I didn't really need that sticky 'sports injury tape' from Superdrug after all.
004. I've been volunteering with the Stroke Association for almost 3 years now, how time flies!
005. I love clumpy shoes, you know the ones, with the big old platform soles the size of a continent. For some reasons, heels and typically girly shoes just don't do it for me, yet I inadvertently swoon at the sight of Dr Martens.
006. I have my ear pierced twice in each lobe & I typically always wear two silver hoops in each ear (I love hoops).
007. I also love spaghetti hoops too. I love them even better when they are on toast.
008. If I'm comfortable around you, chances are my brain will switch to autopilot when we're talking. This means the idea of verbalising all my inner random thoughts suddenly seems like a really really good idea. Sometimes I astound myself with what I actually come out with at times.
009. I got my first white hair at the age of 13, so that bridge was crossed long ago now. Everyone thought it was string at the time, including me. Turns out I actually had a very minor case of this thing called vitiligo, where you lose pigment in certain parts of your body.
010. I really really enjoy learning all the nerdy scientific stuff about how speech and language works. It literally blows my mind, so I guess it's a good job I'm doing a degree in it then.
011. I'm quite unintentionally modest, as I don't really like attracting attention or comments, even the nice ones! I quite like to do my own thing, so if you happen to catch me, I'll be a bit of a startled deer in the headlights. 
012. I have a pesky habit where I make myself appear rather dumb. I'm sure I must've convinced a surprisingly large amount of people that I am severely lacking brain cells, yet the irony is I'm actually rather bright and a super keen bean when it comes to learning.
013. I personally believe everywhere and everything should be decorated with fairy lights and colourful paint. I think it would defo make the world a lot more happier and peaceful and nicer.
014. I always wing it when I cook. Whether it's cakes, cheesecakes, waffles, full on meals, soups... I rely purely on my observational skills, the key things my ma taught me, and my tastebuds. I don't know why but I seem to have recently taking a disliking to following recipes...
015. Normally if I watch something once, I have to wait almost a year before I do so again, as I remember the story & what happens too well. The two exceptions to this are 500 Days of Summer and Sex & The City, which I would happily watch on repeat for the rest of my days, with 500 Days of Summer being my all time fave.
016. Disney makes me really happy.
017. This year I'm going to watch The Last Shadow Puppets, The 1975 & James Bay, and I'm pretty darn chuffed. I also am desperate to see the Boss, the legend, the iconic Bruce Springsteen when he tours in May/ June but it's bang in the middle of exam seasons and I can't even deal with the pain rn.
018. The best holiday I ever went on ever in the world ever was to Copenhagen in Denmark last summer. I've been fortunate to go to some really amazing places over the years, but as much as I value, treasure and appreciate those experiences, Copenhagen was literally my dream come true. It was like heaven on earth to me & I could thank my ma & pa a million times over for taking me along with them, because in doing so, they gave me the most priceless gift & I will treasure those memories always.
019. My sister is my absolute bestest friend ever. We may have our differences, but I swear to God we are the same person. Two sides to the same coin. We think the same things and say the same things, and at the same time too. We message and talk to each other every single day, we know each other better than we know ourselves, I'm the ying to her yang... you get the idea. She is everything to me. I'd be utterly lost without her.
020. Once I start dancing, which is whenever any kind of music is on, I can keep going all. night. long.
021. I find it super hard to sit still, unless I'm completely 100% absorbed in what I'm doing.
022. I maintain that Skyfall is the best Bond film ever, and if you disagree with me there I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore.
023. I love writing cards for people. Often when I speak, I get tongue tied, or I don't say everything I really want to say. When I write, however, I find the words just come out so naturally and perfectly, with just the right amount of lovingly crafted wit and sarcasm, and a big old dollop of love, and when I see people laughing or crying or smiling when they read what I've written, it's quite possibly the best feeling in the world.
024. I'm developing a minor addiction to watching The Chase, on ITV at 5pm every weekday. Proper love it.
025. Random fact here, but the second time I took my driving test, I was busting for the loo before hand, and apparently this was very unintentionally obvious by the way I was walking. I know this because someone stopped me to ask if I needed to go to the loo as I walked into the test centre. They were right.
026. When I went to Maccy D's in London last year, I was just leaving when someone crossed in front of me, carrying a Big Mac and chips on his tray. It was like I'd just been expelliarmused, because that person, was none other than Draco bloody Malfoy!
027. I love my own company and having 'me time', but I also love talking to and being around other people. It makes me feel ridiculously content.
028. I was born 10 days late, but that's okay because I love the date of my birthday, even if it does fall on a Monday this year.
029. I think it's important to always keep your perspective on life, and see the broader picture. Don't get so caught up in all the minor, inadequate, passing details. Life is so much more than that.
030. I had to buy an eye shadow palette specifically for brown eyes, because I made very poor eyeshadow choices over the years and I had to put an end to it. Poor choices included bright blue to make my brown eyes pop, and wearing purple eyeshadow under my eyes. Do u see my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...