Sunday 18 June 2017

June Playlist


JUNE PLAYLIST

This last week dear readers, I've finally been struck with the notion that it is actually, finally summer. This special, glorious, sunshine and happiness filled season is once again upon us (whack out a cornetto and celebrate!) and it feels awesome. The official start of summer is still 3 days away, however I've already acquired sunburn, been swimming in the cool blue sea, getting sand stuck between my toes and just about everywhere else, developed a fine start to this year's foot tan, consumed many ice creams and cool drinks, had a BBQ in the rain (British summers never change) and started collecting yet more shells to add to my never ending shell collection. Life couldn't be better.

I always used to feel conflicted about summer when I was growing up. On the one hand I adored it. All those weeks of ice cream and playing outside and late summer nights and BBQs. Yet on the other hand, it always felt so long and boring and never ending. A way to bridge two academic years together. Oh and of course it's prime wasp season too. However as I've gotten older, I've come to view summer in a new way, and fully appreciate what an amazing season it actually is. When I think of summer now, I think of properly relaxing, adventure, camping, swimming, hanging out with all my favourite people, basking in the sunshine or laughing in the rain, exploring, travelling, the beach, that dozy content laziness, being happy, music, art, books, catching up on all the films and TV I've missed during the year, freedom. Even though autumn will always be my favourite season, summer is fast becoming my second favourite, and dare I say it, maybe even a contender for that prime number one season spot...

So to celebrate this spectacular season, I've put together a playlist with some cracking tunes to get the ball rolling. Most songs are new bangers, with some from amazing new artists like Samako, Fazerdaze, and LCD Soundsystem, and others by well established artists who've been off the grid for a few years, including Lorde, Arcade Fire, Haim and The Kooks. Hand on heart, I'm not lying dear readers, when I say that the musical goods on offer for us this summer are right corkers. We're in such a jammy position, absolutely spoilt for choice. This playlist could quite literally be endless.

So I hope you enjoy the 30 odd songs I've chosen, and I hope you have an absolutely magical summer dear readers. And remember to put suncream on your back. Turns out it's quite good at burning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

001. EVERGREEN CASSETTE- GOLDSPOT
002. YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH A PSYCHO- KASABIAN
003. BE WHO YOU ARE- THE KOOKS
004. GIMME THE LIGHT- SEAN PAUL
005. DISCO 2000- PULP
006. SKINNY JEANS- ELIZA DOOLITTLE
007. I WAS BORN TO BE A COWBOY- CHARLIE FINK
008. BRAZIL- DECLAN MCKENNA
009. DESPACITO- LUIS FONSI FT. DADDY YANKEE
010. MISS YOU- GABRIELLE APLIN
011. WALLS- KINGS OF LEON
012. SUNDAY MORNING- FLO MORRISEY & MATTHEW E. WHITE
013. BAD LIAR- SELENA GOMEZ
014. BIG PICTURE- LONDON GRAMMAR
015. PARTY TATTOOS- DODIE CLARK
016. THE MAN- THE KILLERS
017. ME ENAMORE- SHAKIRA
018. HUMONGOUS- DECLAN MCKENNA
019. WONDERFUL WORLD- JAMES MORRISON
020. LUCKY GIRL- FAZERDAZE
021. FOR REAL- MALLRAT
022. FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD- TIDE LINES
023. EDGE OF TOWN- MIDDLE KIDS
024. LET'S BE YOUNG- PICTURE THIS
025. PERFECT PLACES- LORDE
026. RIGHT NOW- HAIM
027. EVERYTHING NOW- ARCADE FIRE
028. CREATURE COMFORTS- ARCADE FIRE
029. FEEL- BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB
030. IN UNDERTOW- ALVVAYS
031. CALL THE POLICE- LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
032. SONGHOY BLUES- SAMAKO
033. DON'T MATTER NOW- GEORGE EZRA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...