Tuesday 31 January 2017

Rinko Kawauchi

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

RINKO KAWAUCHI

I stumbled across the Japanese photographer, Rinko Kawauchi, completely by chance the other evening. You know the way, when you're passing through one pursuit to the next, like crossing trains in the night, and you happen across something rather wonderful that you otherwise wouldn't have discovered. That feeling, that peculiar course of action, that's what lead me to Rinko's work. And what an amazing coincidence it was. In the last couple of years my love for Japanese culture and aesthetics has been growing. I find it so intriguingly beautiful. And Rinko's photography makes me feel even more enamoured. 

As you can see, Rinko's work focuses on capturing those stunning moments of simplicity in life, that don't ask for very much, yet the joy and fulfilment they yield is truly magnificent. Those kinds of moments and simple joys that are far too easy to turn a blind eye to, and which we often overlook in light of the larger matters that occupy our minds. I love being reminded of those little moments, and what I love even more, is when someone is able to capture them. For they are so delicate and minute. They appear in a millisecond and disappear into the past just as quickly. To be able to capture those moments, and really do them justice, to somehow be able to record the nostalgia and etherealness with only light, colour and being, is a true skill.

Just looking through these photographs, guides me into a state of peace, calm and relaxation which I usually find very hard to come by. As I sit here writing, I feel like I'm floating on a happy cloud, and I feel at one with the world. It's a magical feeling, and honestly, part of me is astounded that photography has the power to quieten haphazard whirlwind that is my mind. So with that, I'd love to share some of my favourite pieces with you, and I hope you too find yourself in a lovely little happy place, after looking at Rinko's work.


All work belongs to Rinko Kawauchi, & can be found here!

------------------------------------------- LOST IN THE DREAM -----------------------------------------

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

Related image

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Image result for rinko kawauchi

Image result for rinko kawauchi tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...