Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Best Deodorant Ever


THE BEST DEODORANT EVER

So I know this is pretty weird for a blog post. I can't say I recall many, if any any bloggers who chose deodorant to be the subject of their blog post. If you'd said to me even a month ago that I would be sitting down to write this post out, I would've pulled a face a bit like Shrek, when he and Donkey go to that photobooth at Lord Farquaad's place, and wondered what on earth future me was on. Deodorant and all things armpit related are one of those topics that no-one really ever talks about, unless it's to point out a whiff of BO that's lingering around and valiantly protest that it doesn't belong to you. If anything, it's a taboo subject, and it also isn't very cool to talk about either. But then again, I'm not a very cool person, and if you're a regular reader of my lovely little blog, you'll probably already know that I don't really conform to the standard blog protocol anyway. So, in a decision I will probably regret as soon as I press publish, I'm going to carry on talking about deodorant anyway because lets face it, someone has to, and I hope that it helps at least one person out, because I know a post like this would've helped me millions. So here we go.

Deodorant is something that we all need once puberty strikes. All throughout childhood, your armpits are as dry as the Sahara desert, and then bam, puberty descends like a foreign UFO, and it's suddenly like Niagara Falls. And then next thing you know, Mum's taking you to ASDA to pick out your first deodorant, so that you're as socially acceptable as possible when you start secondary school. Great stuff. Now obviously this rite of passage happens to all of us, whether we like it or not, and it quickly becomes the least of your problems, what with all the other puberty related stuff going on. And clearly this task of choosing a deodorant and using it, should be pretty simple and bog standard, because after all, how hard can it be. We all have armpits, we all sweat, we all have our own unique scent. There's no point in pretending that you're the human equivalent of a stale digestive biscuit (ie. very dry), because sweating is a completely natural and rather useful feature of the human body. Yet for some reason, it's just not that cool to admit it.

Now I'll put this out there, and say that all throughout puberty, up till literally the other day, I've struggled to find the deodorant equivalent of the one. I've tried countless amounts of brands, roll ons, sprays in high hopes, only to realise that it doesn't really work for me. And by that, I'm not saying I've left a trail of knocked out people in my wake, the last seven years of my life, nor do I smell like a human sewer plant. All I'm saying, is that all those deodorants haven't worked as well for me as I ideally would've liked. I've tried using white vinegar, cider vinegar, lemon juice, talcum powder, olive oil, as do I shower every night to ensure I'm fresh as a daisy. Yet I still encountered the same problems, and it was incredibly frustrating for obvious reasons. I even considered going to the doctors about it, because I was absolutely well and truly stumped. I'd exhausted all avenues, and had no clue about where to turn to next.

The answer to all my prayers, is a little roll on deodorant called Mitchum Women Powder Fresh Advanced Control, which glamorously says ultra powerful sweat & odor control on the the lid. It's a mint green bottle, smells exactly like talcum powder (oh the childhood memories), and it only costs 95p from Wilko's,#winningorwhat. You just put it on at the start of your day, and then you're good to go for 48 hours straight. You don't have to worry about sweat patches, you don't have to constantly worry about reapplying, and you don't have to worry about smell, because you smell fricken' amazing all day long, even if you're out and about doing lots of moving around. This deodorant totally has you covered. It's totally got your back, and it's just crazy, and I still can't believe I've only just discovered it now. All day long I've been dubiously checking if I need to reapply, only to find that I'm still going strong, and after years of feeling uncomfortable about the whole deodorant-sweat issue, it's the nicest thing in the world, knowing that I finally don't have to worry about it anymore. I've found the right product for me. Even if your current deodorant is doing the job just fine, I'd still recommend you check out this one and compare the two, because you might just find that this deodorant is even better.

I think it's absolutely the bees knees, and I could sing this deodorant's praises all day long. However in order for you to truly understand just why that's so, go head down to Wilko's, get one for yourself, and see what you think. In the mean time, I'm off to watch the second season of Alexa Chung's Future of Fashion You Tube series, and with that, I sincerely hope you enjoyed my first and last blog post on deodorant. Happy deodorising, chums.

You can check out the deodorant here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...