Wednesday 16 December 2015

When Time Is Fleeting


WHEN TIME IS FLEETING

I mentioned in my previous post ten days ago (gasp, shock, horror- not posting regularly feels so wrong to me now!) how I was on the cusp of a very busy few weeks, having already just come out of an equally busy week already. I don't understand why I'm busy, or how it's come to be that I have so much on right now, as Christmas looms precariously close upon the horizon, but somehow it's happened. Life has ramped itself up even further than before. And honestly, although I feel like my brain is about to explode, because there's so many little things I need to think about and do, and prioritising it all is a mighty old task, I really am loving it. As someone who finds it impossible to sit still (I'm the one drawing pretty pictures whilst chatting on the phone, reading a book whilst simultaneously watching a film, updating my Instagram whilst jotting down lecture notes) being busy is something that I thrive off. Though does it do my already over-active mind any good? Probably not. However I love feeling that I'm really getting the most out of my life, and truly living it to the fullest. 

When I was younger, I used to think I was living life to the full. Surely this had to be it, for what more could I do to live any fuller? Yet I still always felt that inkling of dissatisfaction. Fast forward a few years, and suddenly I completely understand it all. I can confidently say that I know how to live life to the full, because that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I get the absolute most out of every day, and it's wonderful when I go to bed, knowing that although I'm crazy tired, I've accomplished and done so much. Sometimes, my days are so full that when the end of the day comes, it feels like I've lived two days in one. The start and the end feel so far apart. Actively doing things in my life has been something of a lifeline for me, because it's helped to satisfy the over-active part of my mind that thrives of productivity, as does it make me incredibly happy, make my life seem a lot more fulfilling and purposeful, and it's helped me to elevate myself out of a sticky little rut I'd been stuck in for so long. It's helped me move from who I was, to who I want to be. It's almost as though I've been busily building my escape route to happiness and fulfilment, and it's helped me to reach a really good place. A really good place indeed.

So as a little nod of the head to all that, and to also give you dear readers a little taste of what I've been up to the last few weeks, I got up early this morning, beat my housemate to the shower, and then started compiling this post, full of photographs and little sentence to share with you. A memento to add to the collection. I hope you like flicking through the photos, and I hope that you too are enjoying the little joys within your own life. And I also really hope that you are listening to Christmas songs everyday and dutifully wearing your Christmas jumper wherever you go, from now until December 25th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-MEMORIES-

Tagged along with the wonderful UoM Dance Society to watch the Northern Ballet School's absolutely INCREDIBLE performance of the beautiful ballet 'Giselle'

Went to Moose Coffee on Manchester's New York Street for the first time, after wanting to go for so long, and had this bad boy and unfortunately didn't finish it

We had our course year Christmas Meal at a nice Indian place in town called Scene. Almost everybody made it, which was really nice as we don't normally do lots together in our year group. Was a lovely way to end the year with the best coursemates one could ever wish to have

My family finally made it up to Manchester this last weekend to see me, after not being able to come all semester. It was a really lovely, lovely day and I was over the moon to see them all again, as was I so grateful that they had made the effort to travel up to see me. And even though it rained heavily near enough all day, it didn't manage to dampen our very happy spirits :) :) :)

Tried my first ever mulled wine, which my friend bought two bottles of from Lidl, and it was just beautiful. So delicious. A moment I'll never forget, and the perfect accompaniment on a cold winter night

Did my last radio show of the year on Fuse FM, and it was a super cosy, lovely show. My friends came in with me, and one did some very... contemporary music in the form of munching her carrot into the microphone live on air. I also played some of my favourite songs, squeezed in a few Christmas songs, dimmed the lights so that the dashboard lit up, and just enjoyed myself very, very much. If you want to listen back, just scroll through here till you find The Melting Pot.

Randomly, at a house party a few weeks ago, I got talking to a girl who is literally my twin, we are absolutely crazy alike. So last week we met up for pudding at Wetherspoons near where we live, and had a good old chit chat for a good few hours, and it was a really nice evening.

At the start of this week we had our house Christmas meal, which was a mighty success with everybody doing their bit as we sang along to Christmas songs. We started with cheese fondue and bread, had a big ass, delicious typical Chrimbo main course, and finished with apple cake, chocolate cake, mulled wine and watched Frozen and Friends as well.

Last night me and two of my best friends from home met up for the cutest Christmas evening ever. We had curry (my second of the day) and ate mince pies, and the most delicious rocky roads courtesy of my multi-talented friend, who I swear is an angel sent down from heaven. It was all topped of with a good old chit chat, a cup of tea and watching the heart warming Love Actually. A truly perfect evening.

Went to the craziest house party in this huge house, saw some friends from home there, and found a room with the craziest, most amazing balloon ceiling. Top night.

Finally made it to the brilliant, crazy big Christmas Markets in Manchester, where I obviously had strudel, as always.

Our friend came up for her 21st birthday, so we all went out to Factory and had the most random night ever, which included dancing with the best male dancers I've ever seen (those slut drops!), walking home in the pouring rain, losing our friend somewhere in Manchester, ordering take out at 5 in the morning and staying up chatting in our pyjamas till 6.

Another curry, this time from the curry mile. Again, another lovely and extremely filling evening!

Found more beautiful fairy lights in Manchester. They're everywhere right now, and as you can imagine, I'm very much in heaven. Beautiful lights make my soul very, very happy indeed.

Found my way to Gelato Passion again, and had the usual Nutella waffle with banana. This time it was with the wonderful UoM Blog Society (oi oi), for which I am Social Sec, and although the turn out wasn't massive, I still had such a fabulous time and it was great getting to know everyone better, and obvs the food was a big, big plus

This last week I had the privilege of sitting in the Home MCR Sketchomatic booth, being an artist in residency with the chance to draw quick 5 minute portraits of the public, from behind a one way screen. They would sit and smile, just like in a normal photo booth, and I had to draw them super quick, and turn an arrow so they could see how long was left to go. When I was done, I had to blow the image through a chute with a hairdryer, for them to collect, and if they were happy with the result, they could donate a pound or two through a little hole for me to collect. It was hands down one of the best things I have ever done. I loved every minute of it, and I feel so blessed that I got the chance to take part in it. It was simply amazing. So, so wonderful.

Had a day full of Christmas shopping and a nice coffee and cake break at Ziferblat in town with my friend from home and her housemate. Was super duper lovely :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...