Tuesday 23 June 2015

Burberry Autumn/ Winter 2015 Campaign




The Burberry Autumn/Winter 2015 campaign launched Monday.

BURBERRY AUTUMN/ WINTER 2015 CAMPAIGN

Today's post is just a quickie, as there are numerous other things that I really ought to be doing but am currently not because upon seeing these gorgeous photographs from Burberry's new A/W 2015 campaign, shot by acclaimed fashion legend Mr Mario Testino, I knew I simply had to get them up here on zee blog and share them with you all. Dawdling over these beauties for fifteen minutes and then getting up and on with my day simply would not suffice. Writing this post was an imperative, partly because this campaign is wonderful and needs sharing, but also because I feel like I haven't shared a lot of the things I'm currently loving with you dear readers for a while, so one needed to get the motion back in the ocean and unleash the tidal wave of things I'm loving, from fashion, art, music, literature, photography etc. in blog post format, so here we are, and what better place to begin then with the quintessentially British fashion house Burberry. Woo.

The new campaign is expertly shot and features a host of twelve up and coming, or already established, young forerunners from various mediums within the creative industry, from singers, actors and models, interacting with one another around London town whilst adorned in sublime Burberry clothing and accessories from the impending new season. The six female campaign leads include Holliday Grainger, Ella Richards, Clara Paget and Amber Anderson, whilst the six males include my personal favourite Tom Odell (you need, repeat need to see him perform live, he's truly magical), Harry Treadaway and Jackson Hale, and all look incredibly sublime in the campaign. I love the idea of celebrating and promoting new British talent, something that Burberry has always done so well with the incentive complimenting the brand's all British aesthetic and heritage so perfectly. This campaign has also provoked ye olde love-hearts-springing-from-one's-eyes syndrome (oh so typical of showing love and adoration in animation) within me because of its nostalgic allure combined with an illuminating exposure that then both contrast with the clear cut clarity of the images, somehow meshing the ideas of vintage and modern together. And boy do I love the results. The autumnal colour palette is also something of a dream, as well as the intricate notes of pattern dotted here and there within each photograph, and lastly I just adore the classic, timeless quality radiating from each photo. It's a reminder that the gorgeous traditional quirks of days gone by can still somehow be translated into the modern age and fit into our ever changing and advancing world.

So yes, Burberry's A/W 2015 campaign gets a big thumbs up from me, and with that, I'm off to begin my rather mahoosive to-do list... Ta-ra.

-All photographs belong to Burberry and Mario Testino-

Fill you world with more Burberry goodness by clicking below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...